DOT now checking Qualcomm?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by soon2betrucking, Feb 13, 2009.

1. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    Well I know I will only run legal and I did piss off a couple of people for saying that. They were older drivers who saw this whole system as a way of robbing them. IMHO I don't get what the major B fit is some drivers throw. We now have 11 hours of drive time we can complete in 14 hours of duty, that is more than was previously allowed, yet some people are stil *itching over it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    The beef to many is that they have been sitting in the dock so much of the day and the companies push for the delivery and they are willing to perform. When they finally realize that if they took the stand, the companies would finally learn they have to comply.

psanderson Thanks this.
  4. lonewolf4ad

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    Log it legal, and then if you feel that your dispatcher or or fleetmanager is cutting your legs out from under you report it to safety. If a driver makes a stand they may not always be well liked, but they will be respected and know they can be counted on for the companys best interest as well as their own in matters of safety

5. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    the problem is the different components of a company DON'T work hand in hand. safety has nothing to do with your miles that is the planners and dispatchers. piss them off you sit. when you call safety because of this,well they all see each other on a regular basis, you however are someone they are not fimiliar with really. so, when you complain about no miles, they come up with a belivable excuse that they can tell "joe in safety" downstairs FACE TO FACE.
    NOT SAYING ALL CO'S ARE LIKE THIS, BUT THAT IS THE SCENARIO I SEE.

Roadmedic and Thumper Thank this.
  6. lonewolf4ad

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    I can definately understand your take on things Pat, it's one of the reasons why I actually like having Qualcom as the primary basis of communication. Anything I send or is sent to be can be shown at a later time. My primary goal is to run legal, prove to be a good hand for the company, and hope that in return the company treats me (1) like a human being (2) a decent memorable # at the least lol.

7. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    yes sir!! q-comm is a hell of a "tattletail":yes2557:

8. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    I'll tell you something else I do not like.

I HATE those chrome mudflap weights. They will blind you even if you are a few miles behind in the right conditions. I-10 in Lousiana, in the morning or evening, is the worst times for those things to fash in your eyes.

I am suprised they havent been outlawed. It's the first thing I would do. I can't believe someone would go to the trouble and expense to buy those things, buy rubber flaps, and anti-sail brackets, only to blind everyone behind them.

Every time I see them I wish I could spray the chrome with rubber undercoating.

That's my rant for the day.

9. psanderson

psanderson Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Moline, Illinois
    To say nothing about companies using refer units with those darned highly polished doors.

10. Thumper

Thumper Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2008
    qualcom they dont need to keep records they can do it with the salelite itself shows where you where in a 2 hours window.
    Same with cell phone. so if you got to backlog try to keep it within 2 hours and your good togo now if you got paperless logs your just screwed.
    try to match loaded,empty calls and fuel then your good togo rest of the day

11. Thumper

Thumper Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2008
    In my eyes if you run 100% legal your shooting yourself in the foot Ill be dam if id sit 6 hours at a shipper then driver less.
    I am out there to make a dollar not play the logbook games ill make it (appear)legal and make the most money doing what i know todo these guys that say "I run 100% legal ....Right"
    and if you piss off the dispatcher are the planners you wont have to worry about runnin legal you will get the crap loads where you got 4 days togo 300 miles so go ahead and piss them off. you wont be there long are you will go hungry.
    They drill into your heads to run legal but they also know the guys that make money will have enough common sence to know how to bend the rules and will do what it takes to make that load on time regraudless.

And yes if you get in a accident and dont know how to bend the rules it could be a catch 22 but i am not out there for free. and will do what i got todo
    ---End Rant----

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.