DOT Physical 3 Month

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Edd03, Jul 12, 2019.

1. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    The doc explained it to me this way. They do file a report of your physical, BUT not the new one. What they file is that you have come in for a new physical and your old one is then no longer good when they file.
    The reason I was told this, is I ask why they didn't file the physical instead of us having too, which to me makes sense.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I not advocating turning in both, best advice as soon as someone mentions sleep study time to leave. Not required by DOT at all. Companies will typicaally tell you information before you apply, such as PRIME, if you ask they will tell you if your neck is over 17" they are going to require the witch hunt to start, just do not go there to start with. When I had my catarac surgery I had just renewed my license with a eye glass restriction (rightfully so) after the second eye was complete I went back with a new physical (optical from my eye surgeon) regarding vision and had the eye restriction removed, now I agree my all are legit, but they never rasied a flag with anyone, thats all Im saying is my experience. Now what another driver choose to do is up to them.

4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I do not know if most can or not, but I had no trouble with just watching what I eat. I was not overweight or anything else, and may have been able to pass it the next day even.
    I had gone in for that physical late in the evening after a day of drinking coffee, which I am told is bad to do, and had just finished mounting 8 new drive tires at the time. lol
    I have had 4 physicals since then with no trouble.

5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I will say this in regard to high blood pressure and diabetes. Since I am not a physician I can't/won't give specific medical advice. The thing is though there are some fantastic new medications on the market. Since I am a type 1 diabetic now they don't do me much good. Speak to your private caregiver about these meds. To a person, everybody I know that is taking them is reporting loss of weight and lower A1Cs and really great BPs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.