DOT Physical - Home Urine Testing/Plans - Feedback?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by GameTrucker, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    It was advertised on TV about an hour ago. It's about the size of a quarter and your phone logs your blood sugar every 5 minutes. Just check the phone and shows your blood sugar and when it peaks.
    @GameTrucker - I'll watch for it again and send the info to you.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoboSolo

LoboSolo Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Highway 20
    #1: Pick a PCP who can also do your DOT physical. Doing that cuts out a lot of the b.s. because they are treating you and know whats going on, instead of having to regurgitate your whole medical history to a different Dr. doing the DOT thing every year. And then getting contradictory medical directions.

If your company won't let you do that, find a new company that will. Seriously.

#2: Find a book called "The Zone" by Barry Sears. Probably written 25 - 30 years ago, but IT WORKS. Public libraries either have it, or can get it for you, or Amazon.

Its all about keeping your insulin levels in a good zone by managing what you shove into your piehole that affects your insulin levels. He tells you whats good and bad, but leaves your food choices up to you.

4. Roger.B1240

Roger.B1240 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2020
    Dallas Tx
    If you don't pass your test the doctor can give you a 6 month medical card to keep you working as you treat the disease.

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's one of them, but not the one I posted about. Haven't seen that ad again yet. As soon as I see the other one, I'll post it.
    `
    The FreeStyle Libre 14 day - A CGM System
    https://www.freestylelibre.us/cgm/info
    Sign Up For Info On The FreeStyle Libre 14 day system. Watch A Video. Get Safety Info.

See Product Guides · Share Your Story Today · Important Safety Info · Join #TeamFreeStyleLibre
    `
    Save on Freestyle Libre - GoodRx® is Free to Use
    Get Coupon
    Freestyle Libre Prices, Coupons & Savings Tips - GoodRx
    Find the lowest prices on Freestyle Libre near you! No sign-up required. No commitment or fees to use GoodRx.
    `

6. staceydude

staceydude Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2020
    I did not read through the entire thread, but, your A1C is an average over the last 3 months. The formula for getting it below 7 is daily blood sugar over 3 months of less than 130. If you get on metformin, go on a proper diet and walk in 3 months no doubt you would lower it dramatically.

7. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Dexcom 6, know as a cgm.
    Not cheap, but the best you can get. My wife has it but it’s free with Medicare.
    It’s more important to get under control that trying to just get a card so you can work, it requires a lifestyle change for life, not just every year at physical time.

staceydude and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The VA probably pay for it also.
    VA pays for CPAP machines too.

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    • Dexcom Continuous Glucose Monitoring | Dexcom CGM
      Dexcom
      The Dexcom G6 features a slim, water-resistant ‡ sensor that is discreet and easy to insert. The sensor accurately measures glucose levels just beneath the surface of the skin and sends data wirelessly every 5 minutes to your compatible smart device § or receiver. See How the Dexcom G6 …

10. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Those price are per month, sensor every 10 days, transmitter at 3 months I think , but no finger sticks.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. Edjahman

Edjahman Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Fasting and zerocarb lower it quickly if you can handle it.

If you're spilling glucose into urine, you've got major issues.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.