DOT physical with depression medications?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by jmarc77, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I edited the post; forgot to add the 400 mg CoQ10 every morning with the Jardiance. She told me to do both.

Siinman and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Mine spikes at 130 sometimes, but stays between 100 & 110 now.

Siinman and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    That’s good I’m down to the 90’s sometimes. Mine was weird. It just came on 7 years ago. I am seeing the top dr in Charlotte now. Still have no clue where it came from.

Siinman and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Next time I see her, I'll ask about those 2 meds. I've seen them advertised.

Siinman Thanks this.
  6. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Wow that is crazy high, I was around 400 when I first got tested. My A1C was 13 and now it is down to 6.5. Glad you got it under control.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Anti-seizure meds are PROHIBITED by the FMCSA IF they are being used to control seizures. LINK. I am an epileptic and I take several anti-seizure meds. I take Keppra, Ranolazine, and carbamazepine for control. The Ranolazine is basically to control angina, but it does help with control. I suggest you list ALL prescriptions and make sure you can document to the ME why you are taking ANY med used for seizure control!

wis bang Thanks this.
  8. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    The Ozempic 0.25 is a shot I take once a week and It is not insulin. It did help on cost for the meds since my insurance is a pain in the ### to deal with.

9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I do that, metformin 2 times a day , humalog as needed throughout the day and trishiba at night when I go to bed.

Siinman Thanks this.
  10. jmarc77

jmarc77 Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2021
    I believe I had read this somewhere. If it is not being taken for seizures but for depression, and the prescribing doctor puts that in writing, it should be okay?

I know the FMCSA says some.things about depression and anxiety but if it is well controlled and has been for a long time, and doesn't affect driving, I don't see why it would be an issue.

11. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    What was the reasoning behind taking the 400 mg CoQ10? That might be something I need to add to stuff I am am taking. I am still pretty early in dealing with it and started taking meds in May. Had to fight with Insurance company the first couple months on what the Dr was telling me to take vs what they would allow. Now I am averaging around 124 for the last month. I do have the freestyle libre diabetes sensor that I can check with my phone. It has helped a lot in knowing what I can and cant eat.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.