Dot physical

Discussion in 'Millis' started by oneroad, Feb 18, 2019.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Why not just leave them pay for a new one?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mrgreen09

Mrgreen09 Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Irvine,Ky
    Because I had to pay for it and I’m not just throwing $80 away.

4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    If they want you to get a physical at one of their approved doctors then they’ll pay for it.
    In fact they should, you may have went to a quack that passed you without even looking at you.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    And for all I know, their doc is a quack and the company is giving him a kickback on all of the CPAP machines he helps sell to truckers who are now indebted to the company at least until the machine is paid for...and if they EVER want to be able to drive again WITHOUT being tied to that machine, it's a long and expensive process trying to prove the initial diagnosis was fraudulent. Nope. If my physical is still valid, you accept it or I don't work for you. When it comes time to renew, I go to MY doc of choice and renew it. This is part of the reason why we have the national registry of docs. As long as they're registered to give DOT phsicals, the physical is valid.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    It is not to the advantage of a Company Doctor to fail drivers as a rule although I ve know of a few drivers that got sent out for sleep studies that are not required, by anyone other than companies.

Legend's doc was my last physical, and he was about as easy as it gets. The nurses who do everything aren't to bright. It was just a dog and pony show. But there are the other extremes, CR Englands Doctor (and Primes) seemed like he was tring to fail us or kill us which ever would happen first. Passed them both but would not work for either company, just personal preference.

If you have a fairly new DOT physical I would try to use it.

7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    While you do make a valid point about the apnea, I am very sorry to inform you that we cannot hire you unless you go to our doctor for a physical.

8. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Thats when you say thank you, turn and walk away. Theres plenty of companies that will hire you..

9. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Like I've stated before in other threads, if your company won't accept my current and valid physical, then it isn't a company I'd want to work for. At this point in my career, my options aren't limited.

Powder Joints Thanks this.
  10. Mrgreen09

Mrgreen09 Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Irvine,Ky
    Well was not a quack! It is one that a lot of companies use.

And as far as the cpap goes. I have been using one for 12 years now. So I’m not worried about that.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  11. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Quack or not does not matter if they are DOT approved, then the physical is good .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.