#### DOT physical

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TugHillRider, Jan 7, 2020.

1. TugHillRider

TugHillRider Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    so I got a call from a company I applied to. If everything goes well with the background check, they will have me scheduled to get a DOT physical, which is annoying because I have my 2 year card.

My issue is, the place they will send me is a place that said I had to take a sleep study, this was around 2 years ago. A company I applied to then said I needed to go there.

Well being strapped for cash, I simply couldn’t afford it and never got it done. Now I’m concerned that going back there, they will have records of them saying I need to get it done and I never did. I’m really pissed off about it when I already have my 2 year card cus I went somewhere else to get it done for trucking school earlier this year. Can someone explain to me what happens in this situation. Am I SOL??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    an employer can demand a new physical each week if they wanted to.

just be careful HOW you answer ANY questions regarding sleep, naps, snoring....

Puppage Thanks this.
  4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Are you by chance a veteran? I had a sleep study done last year and the VA paid for it.

rachi and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  5. TugHillRider

Apr 27, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    I’m more or less concerned because I went there before and they only gave me a 3 month card and told me I need a sleep study. Now I have to go back to that same place and I’m going to be very pissed if they say the same thing.

6. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Your not SOL, I would refuse to do that physical. There are many other carriers that will take your current card. Talk to the company. They might just want you to drug test and that's it. @Chinatown might have some ideas. Make sure you let him know your general location. Don't get excited yet!

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Thats been going on the moment CDL drug test cards got into play in the 90's Your DOT medical card is rejected by employer who points to own company doctor or concentra to issue a card.

What I do is end up carrying two DOT medical cards, one for mine and the other company issued.
    I had a doctor at home that did DOT and FAA at times. (I cannot take a chance on FAA just yet even though my heart is proven to not have a issue with them. Its the medicine history etc.)

If I see concentra then that employer and I will part ways that hour. Im gone. I make sure I never see or enter a concentra even though I have nothing to fear from sleep things. Ive been monitored for almost a month in sleep and they aint find a #### thing.

8. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    I'm interested in this, can I PM you on what was involved?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im also interested in it Ive got a ex who is a vet as well.

10. TugHillRider

Apr 27, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    This place is 5 star urgent care

11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't do those either.

We have 7 in this area, NONE of them do a #### thing. Last week I blew a 300 and a error on our personal blood pressure machine (Arm cuff type) and went straight to ER they within two hours knew what the issues were and issued me anti virals and warned me for my life and whats coming. I just got all that cleared out so its good being well.

91B20H8 and TugHillRider Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.