dot physical

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by jmontes77029, Jan 11, 2013.

1. jmontes77029

jmontes77029 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I have to take a DOT Physical in Houston on the 11 of feb and start school in Houston on the 18th of Feb. Once I finish school do I have to get another physical at Stevens?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jseney12078

Jseney12078 Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Gloversville, NY
    If the schoo; is operated by Stevens and your going to work for stevens, no? if the school is run by someone else and then go to work as a company driver at Stevens, you may have to. For every carrier you change to no matter how long or short the time period, even though your Dot Physical card is valid, you will have to. This is for company drivers only.

4. pokerhound67

pokerhound67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 30, 2012
    you may or may not have to do a full dot test, but they will most certainly give you a drug/alcohol test, if that was the reason for the question. not only that, but you will be subject to random drug screens every day of your trucking career as a company driver. not saying youll GET them every day, but no warning when they ask you to take one.

5. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX

This applies to ALL drivers at Stevens not just company drivers.

jmontes77029 Thanks this.
  6. jmontes77029

Jan 9, 2013
    Let me clarify. I was approved through Stevens transport recruiting department and had a choice to go to Stevens Driving Academy in Dallas or I could go to Lone Star College. They are paying for the school and Stevens is the one sending me to get the physical before I start school. Would that school be considered run by Stevens? If so do yall think I have to get another physical once i get to Dallas HQ to start orientation since they already sent me to get on?

7. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    Probably, but whats the big deal?

8. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    The answer is likely yes. You have to have a med card to get your cdl... that is the one for school. Stevens then requires a physical from their DR to make sure you meet Stevens Requirements which are slightly different than DOT.

The physical is really nothing... make sure you can see, see colors, hear, have a full range of motion in your extremities, check your vitals and a drug screen. Nothing to it at all.

9. jmontes77029

Jan 9, 2013
    Thanks for all the info!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.