DOT Proposes Speed limiter

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by LBZ, Aug 26, 2016.

1. marmonman

marmonman Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    central illinois
    Once again there are more comments on here than there are on the regulations.gov web sight .

Proof once again that when it comes to our profession the average driver would rather whine and cry than stand up and do anything about the regulations .

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Ya, set the limit at 65 and driver reward program limit so low that it's always available ....

It's still a pos mandate.....

I've gone a step farther.... My data port is wired thru a spare switch. In the off position when you plug in a pop up comes up saying can't make a data link. With switch on all is good...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Be more fun to use a capacitor instead of a switch...

5. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I didn't have driver rewards set so as to go over the limiter. There are other behind the scenes ECM tweaks that are less detectable.

6. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Don't think you set the tire rpm ...

HMM I'll have to think on this.....

7. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    You could probably just tell the ECM you put more aggressive gearing in the rears so it allows the higher RPM's in top gear thinking the truck is going slower than it really is. Probably cheaper to do it that way than to order a truck with the aggressive gearing and swap in the highway rears...but I'd imagine any time the ECM parameters are adjusted like that, there's a log of who/what/when made the change. Mechanical swaps can happen anywhere, by anyone, with no "official" record of it ever having been done.

8. Cowpie1

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    In mine the tire RPM is set as it should be for the Michelin Xones on the truck. No problem. Speedometer matches actual road speed as shown by roadside radar speed signs in construction zones and both the speed app on my iPhone that uses satellite and GPS in the qualcomm. Both trans and rear diff ratios set up in ECM as they should be. If you go to one of the guys that knows their way around an ECM, they can trip some parameters in the ECM so that, while everything is set up properly and the speed limiter is set, the truck will always run 10-15 mph faster. I watched them do it and they did not fiddle with driver reward stuff or change any of the tire revolution or trans and diff ratios.

9. Guntoter

Guntoter Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Uh oh... Another internet bad ##* frantically typing away in the basement before his mom calls him up for dinner.

10. Cowpie1

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
  11. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.