DOT REGULATIONS ON TEXAS TIME

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Jthouse1, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Jthouse1

Jthouse1 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Bryan, Texas
    I haul fuel and run Texas Time. How many hours do I have to reset ? I know I can drive 12 hours and be on duty for 15, but not sure how many hours I have to reset. I was told that I have to reset for 10 hours, but I was reading and I saw a post saying 8 hours.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    34 hour restart
    10 hour reset
    11 hour drive day
    14 hour work day

8 hour reset
    with 2 hour break...
    to gain the remaining 11 hours back after drive time

Confused yet??? :p

4. Jthouse1

Jthouse1 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Bryan, Texas
    Yes! I run elog and it say 12 houre drive, 15 hour work day, and don’t have to take no break. I run Texas Time.

5. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    What do you run? there are different rules for different types of loads.

6. Jthouse1

Jthouse1 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Bryan, Texas
  7. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Both of his first 2 posts AND the thread title clearly state where he's running, and the federal regs don't apply to intrastate operations. If he never leaves the state of Texas, the HOS limits you posted do not apply.

snowwy Thanks this.
  8. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    That I know of, you are bound by the same rules as a normal CDL holder unless a state of emergency is declared, then, and only then, can waivers be allowed...

from a random website...

Regulations on Interstate Truck Drivers
    Interstate truck drivers may not drive for more than 11 consecutive hours and may not drive after being “on-duty” for more than 14 hours total. They are required to have had at least 10 consecutive hours “off-duty” time prior to beginning their shift.

The hours-of-service requirements for bus drivers are even more stringent: they are not permitted to drive more than 10 hours and may not drive after being “on-duty” for more than 15 hours. The required “off-duty” time for bus drivers prior to starting their shift is eight consecutive hours.

For both property-carrying and passenger-carrying motor carriers, drivers are restricted to a maximum of 60 hours “on-duty” every seven days (if the carrier does not operate every day of the week). If the motor carrier operates every day, then this limit changes to 70 hours in eight days. After reaching this limit, there is a required 34 consecutive hours of “off-duty” time which must elapse before they are permitted to begin the time calculation again.

Also READ: What's the Difference Between "Interstate" and "Intrastate" Trucking?

Regulations on Intrastate (Texas) Truck Drivers
    Subject to certain exemptions, intrastate truck drivers are permitted to drive 12 hours following 8 consecutive hours off duty. They may not drive after having been “on duty” 15 hours, following 8 consecutive hours off duty.

• There is a maximum of 70 hours worked/driven in any consecutive 7 day period. A driver may restart a consecutive 7 day period after taking 34 or more hours off-duty.
    • Certain intrastate truck drivers are exempt from these regulations as well as the requirement to keep a log of their hours. They include a person:
      • Who returns to the work-reporting location and is released from working within 12 consecutive hours
      • Has at least 8 consecutive hours off between each 12-hour period the person is on duty
      • Operates within a 150-air-mile radius of the normal work reporting location.

9. Jthouse1

Jthouse1 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Bryan, Texas
    Well I been working for this company for 4 months and it has always been been 12 driving hours, 15 work hours, and a 8 day period. So I don’t know why the information you giving me is different.

10. Jthouse1

Jthouse1 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Bryan, Texas
    So only a 8 hour reset?

11. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    it's not different... the 11/14 rule is federal... Texas (as stated) has it's own set of rules regarding a CDL holder...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.