DOT Tracking

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by TigerShark, Jul 10, 2018.

1. TigerShark

TigerShark Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    Few questions about weigh stations....

1. If they are set out of eye site of highway do they really know if you run the port or not? IE Sundance Wy scale.

2. When you go through a scale, generally they type in your DOT number but are they actually time stamping your truck or not?

3. If your in the same state, are all the ports on the same system linked together?

I ask these questions because I bought a permit in Cheyenne but the Sundance scale couldn’t pull it up they needed the hard copy in my binder....and coming back through I didn’t stop in Sundance and nothing happened...... so what do they actually know and what do they not actually know.....looking for solid facts.

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Basically yes to all questions. Here is the inside of a Florida scalehouse. I assume most states are similar.

TigerShark Thanks this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    1. Idk. Probably. They may have cameras.
    2. Probably not, as there may be 10000 trucks on the road with the same dot number. Would have to enter your plate number. But many scales now do have license plate readers and I'm sure they timestamp every entry.
    3. Yes they usually are.

TigerShark Thanks this.
  5. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    modern technology makes so faces can be recognized, plates just about your whole moves are being recorded and ran in algorithms which can catch slight variances. If you do everything by regulations you should have no worries, you the ol outlaw?, your days are growing short.

BUMBACLADWAR Thanks this.
  6. TigerShark

Nov 5, 2015
    I might be one of the last couple thousand out here not running for 45 cents a mile. Did that already. The day they make me slap some computer on this cat is the day I stop driving. So yes my time might be short and lots of other guys but with mouths to feed, oil slow, and bills to pay bet your ### I’m looking for ways to keep moving.

7. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    When you ck in at wy P O E. a lot of other states share info with each other like NE. can see the time you went thru wy ck every time,

TigerShark Thanks this.
  8. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Not sure about WY, but most states have all your info before you even pull off the ramp into the scale. WA has your plate, axle group spacings and weights, as well as gross weight by the time you hit the ramp. WA troopers have access to scale info in their cars as well.

Most states in the NW share info between them. Got inspected in ID once and his print out also had my scale crossing from WA and UT on it.

Accidental Trucker and TigerShark Thank this.
  9. K-D

K-D Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Roy Wa
    Wa also knows if your drivers lic- med card- truck lic and tonnage are current befor you get to the pad.

TigerShark and deathB4decaf Thank this.
  10. TigerShark

Nov 5, 2015
    Well yesterday I had WY scale ask where I was coming from and where I was going and I saw him type it into a screen and hit like a submit button I’m guessing into a database like you all are saying so I guess it’s true if they get the info put in its accessible to all

11. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    WA used to jump my case for not having Elogs .... The guy would be like " Why doesn't
    your company have logs !!! ... Co. i drive for caused him to have to work

12. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    WA will also have a picture in the file of the driver. Catching team switches that way.

25(2)+2 and deathB4decaf Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.