DOT trap lol

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ad356, Jul 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    I don't think the people of any profession, can all be painted with one brush. It would be like saying all teachers or all truck drivers are good people. No, some are, not all.
    Saying all cops are good, or all are bad, is rather ridiculous.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Childish it how one acts not like a derogatory name such as saying one you are a child. Big deference.

4. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I've always been treated fair by the Montana dot. Broadus weigh station measured my load. 2" wider than 10'wide permit. (Picky, a little) tire bulge on wheel loader.

He sold me a revision to my permit($10), no tickets no warnings. I didn't even thing to measure tire bulge. I always have since then.

Curly88, Lepton1 and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  5. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    So you agree that it is hypocritical. or was that the Wrong word I am sure "respectful submission or yielding to the judgment, opinion, will, etc., of another.respectful or courteous regard: in deference to his wishes. ... yielding, courtesy, civility, reverence, obeisance, submission, condescension, acquiescence, complaisance, capitulation, docility "...

6. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I've run into both good and bad cops, but there mission is still the same, take your money and or put you in jail. That's the job. Some are better rat it than others, but saying that is not there job is like saying trucking is not about hauling freight.
    Best for a driver to know the laws and reg's that control his or her life, Its your only defense, because just running legal is not a guarantee to keep you from getting tickets,
    I have received overweight tickets on loads after getting a legal weight slip from a CAT Scale, it can happen the mistake may not be made by you and you can have no knowledge to the situation, but because your the driver your getting the ticket,
    So learn and be careful, keep your mouth shut when stopped. Is about all you can do.

MartinFromBC and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    It was how one is acting not a personal descriptive action as I don’t know him personally.

8. MartinFromBC

Oct 19, 2018
    Nice back pedaling there, but you meant it to be an insult when you said it.
    Instead of taking the high road though, and saying sorry, you are now making excuses, and trying to claim it wasn't personal or meant as an insult.
    You're digging the hole you are already standing in deeper and deeper.
    "Sorry" would have been the correct response.

9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    No I stand by what I said. Everyone knows what I meant and I’m leaving it at that. Its not ya all so you all don’t have a part in it. Just trying to start something get a life.

10. MartinFromBC

Oct 19, 2018
    Actually, you were the one who started it.
    And a simple apology would have ended it.

Powder Joints Thanks this.
  11. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    But it has absolutely nothing to do with you. Have a nice life.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.