dot violation

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Omega7777, Sep 17, 2018.

1. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    I will agree with you 100% on the nanny trucks that are in many large fleets today. Although I've not been driving near as long as many of you on this forum, and I am probably from a younger generation(NOT MILLINEAL!).
    I was raised with a sense of values that would seem old fashioned to many my age. I have been around and ridden in trucks in my youth when all trucks were real trucks!
    My fleet trucks have lane assist, roll prevention safeties, OnGuard systems, EOBRD's, automatic transmission, nanny cams, E-logs, CARB compliance.... Am I missing anything?
    I'm not proud of all these dumbed down, neutered trucks that will wipe the drivers nosey for him like a helicopter mom, but I also have a great paying job, and get to be home every day with my family working for a good local manager. I take the good with the bad when it comes to the satisfaction of my livelihood and to me the good parts far outweigh the bad.
    I have never tried to fight progress, because although I may disagree with it, I know that it's inevitable. I have a good many years ahead of me and hope to retire comfortably as a driver.
    But again, I do understand and respect the older generations of drivers better than most.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.