Dot warning tickets.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by magnum force, May 20, 2011.

1. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Csa is just a change in data collection and measurement. All the same rules apply. The onle thing I don't like is the percentile comparison. Someone always has to be 100% and at some point the guy at 100% won't be doing that bad of a job

Tazz and Injun Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BIGBUDDY29

BIGBUDDY29 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MONTROSE,CO
    So how do you check your points ? Reason being the other nite i was in montana, came to a weigh station it was midnite they are closed most time i go there, except this nite. She want to do a inspection so she does the inspection, she puts me oos for a loose strap,marker lite out wrong date on my log book. So i tighten the strap and off i go. We are a small company 1 truck 4 trailers. Does this affect my csa 2010 ?

4. NDBADLANDS

NDBADLANDS Medium Load Member

May 8, 2010
    ND
    Ya got it right there! Now your catching on. Percentile comparison.

5. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn

Agreed at some point it has to become a fixed number while still accounting for carrier size. However seeing some of the junk running the road that time is far far away.

Hell a DOT cop could make a decent career sitting on Lamar in Memphis. When they do park there all the can haulers take a day off. Want to bring that yard to a halt put an inspection station on the exit.

6. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn

http://www.psp.fmcsa.dot.gov/Pages/default.aspx

7. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I'm all caught on, CSA is awesome. Its not so much going to level the playing field as it is going to make everyone more accountable for there actions. Like having the wrong date on your log book,or your load not being properly secured. These are mistakes that you shouldn't be making.

Tazz and 123456 Thank this.
  8. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn

That is why they are evaluated with their peer group. And why a lot of O/O do not even have a rating because they had insufficient inspections to generate an SMS rating.

9. popmartian

popmartian Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    I got a Warning/Citation for Careless Driving in NE for limping to a Tire Shop to repair a blown Trailer Tire. The State Trooper gave a unsigned form and told me it was a warning only and don't need to File it. Will this Show up on my CSA rating?

10. NDBADLANDS

NDBADLANDS Medium Load Member

May 8, 2010
    ND
    Yeah sure, Ya betcha!:biggrin_25523:

11. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Depends on what you mean by an unsigned form.

If it is an inspection form yes and you would have had to sign it. My guess is no if you did not.

Only inspection and reportable crash data are entered in CSA.

Injun Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.