Dot warning tickets.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by magnum force, May 20, 2011.

1. T|2uck3r

T|2uck3r Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2010
    55 Zone
    Well i recently was stopped by ca dot for not having a padlock on my hazmat load, i always put a padlock when i go for couple days or weeks, but this time it was 75 miles from my house to DEST so i decided not to put it on since ill go non stop.(Seal by itself doesnt work) But he was a cool cop, gave a warning even tho could get a ticket for that.
    I put a lock and he gave me motor carrier printout and it said violation discovered.

Well i asked him and he said it doesnt go on ur license. And on top left corner it usually says to return in 15 days but since it was a padlock and i put it on, it just said for Information Only.

So ask everytime u get vialotions..
    If I KNOW something wrong with my truck or paperwork ill fix it before i go on the road, but like padlock MUST BE on hazmat load i never knew never/was told:biggrin_2558:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Native Dancer

Native Dancer Heavy Load Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Portland, Or.
    Having the wrong date on a log book is a clerical error and has NOTHING to do with safety. I recieved a level 1 inspection that I passed. I have a black truck. On the form they had entered the colour as white. Should somebody recieve points for that clerical error?

4. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Wrong date on your log book can easily run you into HOS issues and on top of that its an indicator of a false log. Either way its an error that shouldn't be happening. Take the time to do things right the first time.

5. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    CSA Impact of Violations:

393.104(f)(3)..Loose/unfastened tiedown............................Load Securement.....10 points
    393.9(a)..........Inoperative required lamps...........................Clearance/ID/Other...2 points
    395.8.............Log Violation (general/form and manner).....Other Log/F&M...........2 points

You just earned 14 points. But wait, it gets better. Multiply that by 3 for the first year: 42 points. Multiply by 2 the second year: 28 points. No multiplier the third year.

Regarding the lock on the hazmat load.
    There are three different violations that may apply to this situation. Two of them carry 2 points each, the other carries 10. So, depending on exactly what was written on that inspection form, you will have either 6 or 30 points your first year, 4 or 20 the second and 2 or 10 the third. That officer did not do you any favors. He knows that ticket will count against you regardless of whether it is a fine-able ticket or not. You received a "warning" on an inspection form. It will count against you. Good luck getting it removed. This is what Ironpony was trying to illustrate.

BIGBUDDY29 Thanks this.
  6. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Can you give the code you were cited for? That is new one on me and I'm curious is that a Cali thing(I can not go there as they refuse to allow for self defense) or did he cite a Federal Regulation.

I guess it doesn't matter I refused to pay for yet more finger prints so no more hazmat:biggrin_25514:

7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    You're thinking of NOBADLANDS... he's the guy who thinks it only applies to megacarriers.

8. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    I thought you were agreeing with him. My apologies.

9. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    got a level 2 easter sunday in ar. the roads were very ruff i seen the binder come loose. thus the reason for the level 2, now i argued about the road an no where safe to pull off due to raod construction an jersywall barries , then a bridge an then the scale all in one shot.... needless to say i got a warning ticket, now when i exsplained i had no point on either my csa an my cdl, His comment ? well you dont get any points on your lic...ok rookie let me exsplain this to you..a warning is just like a ticket an one will recieve points on there csa reguardless!...then he wanted to argue it dont go on your lic.........this pisses me off these jokers want to enforce the rules, but dont even know the endresult????? whats wrong with this picture..left him with my csa book...said read up

'olhand and Injun Thank this.
  10. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    That is a legi issue, DOT needs to train their monkeys better. Everyone needs to understand how CSA works and what the goal is

11. Rerun8963

Rerun8963 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2006
    ova-hereee
    there isn't a specific penalty for improper date, but however, it may come under this instead, as an "over-all" penalty:

Log violation (general/form and
    manner)
    Other
    Log/Form & Manner 2 (points) Y(driver responsible)

my bad, i did not read all the way down to Injun's response...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.