Double Brokered freight, what happens if.....??

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by aj72941, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Avrakotos

Avrakotos Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    Yes there are quite a bit of this going on it Central/NorCal as well. My biggest thing is after i get my cut, and they get their cut, how much is left for the driver? I feel like these companies prey on driver who immigrant to this country. I bet hey pay these guys well below market rate.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Ha! Yes, but how did you confirm that Safer was incorrect as you mentioned previously? Since they are the ultimate and final say for interstate transportation related information, there isn't anywhere else to verify with authenticity.

4. Avrakotos

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    Best practice is to check with multiple sources. Thats the best way to determine who you are dealing with. I like checking the VIN#s against different sites to see who is connected to who.

5. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    When safer said it was set for revocation(insurance)the insurance company said they have renewed.

If the insurance listed has a cancelation date, the warning comes up 30 days prior.

If the insurance just has a start date, then no warning will come up until the insurance sends the feds a cancelation

6. armo

armo Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2022
    Yes, these companies prey on driver who immigrant to this country, who does not speak English well. And of course they pay these guys below market rate.

7. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    Understood. So Safer wasn't wrong as the authority was technically still active, current and legally usable. It's just there was a delay between the IC and the FMCSA.

8. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    ...or you could refuse to haul it. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and making you run for less than you need.

9. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Yes. Look up your active insurance in safer. It will have either a end date or no end date. No end date, you'll never get a pending revocation. Well, unless you don't renew it.

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    He said commodity loads. Livestock and agriculture loads are a different than what most know. You start getting into a bunch of stuff that’s exempt. I’ve never had my authority, when I was hauling cattle on someone else’s authority it was perfectly legal for someone to call me and have me find the trucks they needed to cover the loads they had. It’s also why it’s common for people to get screwed over by livestock dispatch services because other than taking them to court you really have no recourse if they don’t pay.

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    So simple. 424, 310, 201 area code = waste of your precious time on this earth.

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  12. Avrakotos

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    Ah got it. i hadnt had my coffee yet. That has to be pretty ####ty to not get paid for your hard work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.