Double coin tires

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Pablo-UA, Sep 25, 2012.

1. AUSSIE DAVE

AUSSIE DAVE Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    OZ - Brisbane
    Pablo retreads are good , but keep close eye on the air pressures, don't over inflate and don't under inflate. If you run correct pressure you should not have any problems

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Some of our 2013 trailers are coming outfitted with Double Coins. So far, several of them have had low pressure according to our shop guys, probably due to improper mounting or the valve stems leaking. My brother in law sells tires for Michelin, and they seem to be the highest mileage tire out there, but they usually cost more.

4. Double Coin Service

Double Coin Service Bobtail Member

May 25, 2011
    Monrovia, CA
    Double Coin Service here to answer your questions.

In regards to casing integrity and quality, all Double Coin tires go through the same pre-testing and QC steps as other worldwide manufacturers. Double Coin's casings have always been regarded as very retreadable, according to commercial fleets and dealers.

On issues of Out-of-Round tires, we rarely see balance issues on trailer position tires. The OOR issues are especially prevalent in smaller tires as they spin at much higher revolutions per mile (RPM) and this can accentuate OOR issues, if they are present. However, our experience also includes that if tires aren't mounted correctly and installers don’t use the proper amount of lubrication, the tires won’t seat on the rim properly and OOR conditions can occur. You also need to consider road surface (i.e. If it's a dirt road)…

Some applications are not conducive to certain types of tires and we have an extensive and knowledgable dealer network that you can ask about different tires for different applications. With the Double Coin warranty, we back our products 100%. Feel free to contact us for more information.

5. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    My Bridgestone M726EL drives have 22/32's left after 250k miles and the R287 steers are at 12/32's with 185k miles..... That's why I ONLY buy Bridgestone tires

6. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    new pete from factory coming with sailun drive tires.

7. SHC

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    That's what this truck had on it when I bought it. I quickly changed them out the day I took it home. Sold them to a farmer that the T/A manager lined me up with in Matthews, MO as they were a very agressive off road design like the BFG All Terrain pick-up tires. He hasn't had any problems with them yet I guess. The dealer I got this truck from said he paid $250 a tire for the Sailun's.... guess now that pete is using them, you can expect the prices to go up more.

8. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    That's great when you have a national account to buy them on but when you are a one truck independent operation there is a substantial difference in price that i can't justify.
    Bridgestone makes these tires 10 miles from where i live & nobody around here that i know runs them.

9. SHC

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I got 550k out of my last set of drives and they still had 4/32's left of tread... most guys I know who run Firestone and Dunlops and DC tires are lucky to see 300K maybe. The cost for each tire was $575 for the 726's while the Firestones/Dunlops/DC were around $500 each. i'll spend the extra $$ for a set of tires that will out-last the cheaper tires by 250k miles... These prices were at the T/A in Matthews, MO

10. killroy

killroy Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Kenner, La.
    i have to call you on your mileage, there is no way you got 250K an only wore off 6/32's I don't care if you were bob tail the whole time.

11. morninshow

morninshow Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2011
    mi
    Bridgestone M726EL tires tread depth new is 32/32nds. A full inch deep. If you have read some of SHC's posts he runs pretty light. 10/32nds tread wore off and 250,000 miles is believable to me.Proper air pressure and a good alignment go a long way with premium tires.Cheap tires have their place but I prefer premium tires in an over the road application. $600 extra for an extra 200,000 is a no brainer, more money up front but definitely better cost per mile when done.

58Skylane Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.