Doubles in Florida

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Woodys, Jan 28, 2013.

1. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    My truck has one. They have been testing them at my barn for a while now. My truck has old one with just a forward facing camera and one back at me which gets covered by the sun visor since I never volunteered to be a test pilot. The newer ones have a screen you sign into and it records hour log, over-speed, over-rpm, and anytime you get the sensor that tells you how far in front of you and how fast the vehicle in front of to beep. Whenever anyone of those things happen the camera records the previous 10 seconds and the next ten seconds so it can be reviewed.

Once again, the one time I drove a truck with that system the visor went down over the camera because I have never been shown how to log in or signed anything releasing my information. My guess is it will be bone like vorad because it doesn't justify the cost but my personal advice is if you get a camera truck cover it unless you have received in writing what they are looking for. I have not so mine gets covered.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.