DoubleYellow's Covenant Thrival Guide

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by double yellow, Feb 27, 2012.

1. transportHER

transportHER <strong>The Dynamic Duo</strong>

May 3, 2011

Well if anyone deserves a good solid solo account, it is double yellow!!
    He is definitely not a slacker!
    It would be good to see the writer of how to thrive back thriving again!

As for us, it would be nice to average what we are suppose to be averaging.
    So we look at it this way.
    About one year ago, I did not know what a "Fifth Wheel" was. And today, we are proud of what we have learned (and occassionally endured).
    This has been a great learning experience for both of us.

Rocks Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    So much for holding out for July to go Solo... Codriver just had preventable #4 in 5 months -- somehow dragging the trailer about 3' over a guardrail on a sharp left turn onto an on ramp, taking out about 10' of guardrail, a trailer tire's sidewall, and a yet-to-be-determined trailer air supply source. He's attempting to call it in to breakdown as a run of the mill flat tire, but I'm hoping it'll be way too obvious when the mechanic gets here. If not, I'm just going to have to draw the line and turn him in myself because its obvious he'll just keep doing stupid stuff.

Recap of his accidents:

#1 After driving 2 miles into a clearly residential suburb, he came to a dead end cul-de-sac and drove over someone's lawn while attempting to turn around.

#2 leaving a receiver, he attempted to route himself through the automotive parking lot and negotiate a sharp right turn that would give a F350 trouble (semi has no business there). He would up wedged between a hedge (taking out a sprinkler system) and a now-leaning stop sign. Had to take out the hedge to extricate the truck & trailer. Apparently the receiver never followed through with the claim so this may not be on his record despite having called irc...

#3 backed into a parked truck while attempting to back into an ordinary truck stop parking spot

#4 off-tracked trailer over a gaurdrail. Worse, he didn't stop until halfway down the onramp when the brakes locked up from an air leak...

Obvious question: wtf am I still doing on the truck with him? To that, I have no good answer. I guess your standards go to hell when 5 of your 6 codrivers have stupid accidents like the above...

The Challenger and Rocks Thank this.
  4. double yellow

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
  5. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri

Help me out here. Why did you take another 34 hr. reset after driving just 541 miles? I'm confused.

6. transportHER

May 3, 2011

7. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    does anyone notice that in 75% of the threads common sense would get you out of most problems and prevent new ones
    early education for me HS grad in 1971 mostly taught me to think on my feet in life
    today companies want to micromanage drivers want there hand held
    Humans are thier own worse enemy
    I wont get here on here bash a newbie making >$.24 cpm because I am making $.32
    I have made $400000 in a year commercial fishing and $225/week on unemployment
    After all that still here trying to survive
    Good Luck to all Stay SAfe and us that squash between your ears for more than a hat rack

8. transportHER

May 3, 2011
    How is it going double yellow? Just checking in with you.
    Hope you are hanging in there until July when you go solo. Hope all goes well for you.

9. double yellow

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    I'm just beyond baffled. Codriver's 4th accident didnt get him fired, didnt even get him a drug test and lecture. Just cost him the price of a new tire... And I have to ride with him another week before dropping him off in California. And since I live in California, I can't go solo with Covenant even though I only take hometime every 6-8 weeks...

But really I'm just so incredibly disappointed that he isnt fired. If our trailer wasnt loaded with over 40,000 lb, the guardrail may have held and tipped us over. And it could easily have been a car waiting at a stoplight. Judge for yourself:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really want to give Covenant a year, but I'm definitely looking at options

10. Wego4ut

Wego4ut Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Double Yellow you need another partner. You may want to call your fleet managers boss, Jim or Andy. They've helped me on some stuff recently.

Rocks Thanks this.
  11. transportHER

May 3, 2011
    Double Yellow: This is a serious safety issue. You might want to email up the chain. I would start with my Fleet Manager, then Paul Allen, then Bobby Lee and up the chain until you have resolution. Well, this is what I would do.
    Of course, I am not in your shoes. Wishing you well out there.

Rocks Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.