DPF Cleaning Yourself

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Montanajon, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Star4900

Star4900 Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    Wow, that's crazy how much cheaper they are where you are Montanajon. My buddy has an MP10 Mack he said he was told his are the same price as what we paid for the Cummins. That's why I couldn't figure out why our Detroit was so much cheaper.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Montanajon

Montanajon Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2017
    Thanks for the link! I will check it out.

4. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Take off hollow it out, and go see a ecm doctor after you put it back on. To get rid of def stuff.

Socal Xpress Thanks this.
  5. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
  6. Val77

Val77 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2016
    I would not recomend deleting it as the engine have side effects from that procedure. Emulator would be better as you wont need ECM reprogramed

7. Val77

Val77 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Cleaning the filters is not done based on a code. After a service regen based on all the temp, pressure and ppm values a good mechanic can determine that the DPF and DOC need cleaning. But unfortunately the problem is not in the filter. The problem is in EPA 07,10 and 13 regulations about NoX output being limited to vertain PPM. They enforced that by givong us 4 hours before full detate..........didnt our President Dump just quit on Paris climate change agreement? Which by the way is signed by each country in this world. When US government don't think that the climate is changing due to emissions why they need to enforce it and do us like that.
    Answer is very simple - it's all about business. There is no reason on why EPA should make changes on trucks ATS derate times. Until then we got to fix em

Montanajon Thanks this.
  8. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    what is a service regen ? I hear that first time. You can monitor ash volume % in DL to see the status of filters. this number will be correct if new(not cleaned before) filters were installed. If ash volume % is 100 there will be fault code. No way to clear it without DL . If filters are full then at parked regen you will see slightly higher DOC outlet temperature-around 1200F. Moreover sometime you may see DOC inlet pressure high fault code that will go back to normal value after parked regen.
    @Val77 just waiting to see what is your method of dpf cleaning.

9. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    Finally somebody that is not afraid to do something ?????????????? I guess ALL OTHER MEMBERS here afraid to do something )))))))))))))))))))))))
    hallelujah hallelujah ! HE IS THE ONE ! )))))))))))))))))

10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    6800 ??? ....for what ?
    Had a new dpf filter put in my 13 isx powered cascadia last week for 1945.00 ....with the rest of the emissions system serviced too.
    Good to go for another 2 years .
    Maintnance not run to fail is the key with these things .

11. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    why do you think it's good to go for another 2 years?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.