DPF System causing vibration during accelertion?

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Wickedchicken, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Wickedchicken

Wickedchicken Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2020
    I get it. But the answer to your question, I purchased the truck from a dealer who purchased it from another dealer where the previous owners had traded it in there. But for my kingpins and leaf springs it was a personal mechanic that recommended it, then I took it to the dealer where the mechanics supposedly diagnosed and proceeded with the job. If it didn't need it then we have 2 mechanics that ill advised me. I do believe that it is hard for mechanics to pinpoint vibrations and so what will end up happening is that they throw certain diagnosis in an attempt to fix it when it may not have been the right solution. Lucky for me my rig was under warranty. however, i did lose valuable time, i've learned never to do that again. and so overall I dont know. so, as far as vibrating, it something annoying and luckily for me wasn't really stopping the truck from operating, it is a good running truck but something i addressed from time to time. I've always thought that this might be a characteristic of the emissions, and so just ignored it whenever the vibrating occurred. It was like a woman moody, when it was that time of month I would try to talk to her to calm her down, but she did vibrate and it was annoying.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wickedchicken

Wickedchicken Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2020
    Yeah but every time your truck ran a regen would the problem go away?

4. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Really just paid attention last night while rolling and truck was doing a rolling regen and no vibration. Nothing out of the ordinary.
    Must say an interesting phenomenon.
    Wonder if Freightliner changed the composition of mounts for engine and trans and it’s reverberating thru the frame?.

5. fcfightermma

fcfightermma Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2021
    I have a 2022 with DD15 and it’s got these same symptoms. Just started doing this 3 weeks ago. It seems to me like something is clogged air, DPF because it doesn’t perform top level and that gargle grinding noise is annoying as heck

Wickedchicken Thanks this.
  6. fcfightermma

Nov 2, 2021
    I hooked it up to cpu no codes no issues, no engine lights, no regen lights, really has me puzzled. I’ve been operating these Detroit engines for 14 years trucking and never experienced this issue

7. fcfightermma

Nov 2, 2021

8. msh

msh Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2021
    Los Angeles, CA
    most likely one of injectors are overspraying...

9. msh

msh Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2021
    Los Angeles, CA
    guys if vibration stops after rolling or parked regen then there is a problem in one box. its doc face is partially plugged or dpfs full of ash...no other option.
    use search button to find out why doc face gets plugged.

10. Dan Fotea

Dan Fotea Bobtail Member

May 18, 2022

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.