Dpf won't clean with regen

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Bpinar, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Bpinar

Bpinar Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2018
    I have a 2015 volvo d13 I was driving on 80 PA suddenly 2 warning pop up on the dash. First said I need a regen second said poor def quality. I did the regen for 1 hour but Soot level never went down. I stopped the regen and shut truck off start again and regen again same thing. Is this happen to any body?I also have a code for sa16 dtc P207F00. Thank you

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Maybe it's the highway you are on? Try a different Interstate.

QUALITYTRUCK and Justrucking2 Thank this.
  4. Bpinar

Bpinar Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2018
    You know what ı know you are joking but this is the 3rd time I broke down between exit135 and 78. What ever the problem was it is gone anyways. I hit a bump on the interstate suddenly soot level went down to low from full. Very weird

5. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Probably looking at new DEF filters and a Doser Valve.And maybe stop buying DEF at Loves? Dont know? Had ""watery DeF at Loves. Many will disagree.

Bpinar Thanks this.
  6. Bpinar

Bpinar Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2018
    You are probably right. I got this truck used and I highly doubt that they change or clean def tank or filter. Like I said I hit a bump on the Hwy and every warning light ( regen needed and poor def quality engine will derete ) even check engine light went off.

7. Bpinar

Bpinar Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Actually friend of mine told me to never let the def tank get low. Always fill up when it is half full. Mine was pretty low when that happened

BUMBACLADWAR Thanks this.
  8. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Not a Volvo guy........ Sure sound to me like you have a wire rub somewhere. Get in the shop and dig into faults stored.

Bpinar, QUALITYTRUCK and daf105paccar Thank this.
  9. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Sorry, I couldn't resist. Do you know how many times a month I hear a truckers story of what is happening with his truck and for some reason they feel the highway or exit it happened on is critically important to troubleshooting or diagnostics?

pup and spsauerland Thank this.
  10. Bpinar

Bpinar Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2018
    I don't think what happened to me got anything to do with where I was. Been said that I can't help been superstitious about it. Come on man 3 timeees☺

11. WildTxn

WildTxn Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    You likely are having old wiring harness problems. The absolute worst problem to troubleshoot is when a wire breaks inside the insulation. This happens all too often in older trucks, or any modern vehicle for that matter, that's been down lot's of rough scale dodging side roads. The thing will work for a while, then start fouling up, sometimes after a bump. Then sometimes a bump will cause the problem to go away. It can be a bear to locate the point where the problem is in the wiring. Once you do find it, if not close to a plug, it's usually easy to fix though.

Of course, always check for bad connection plugs first. They are usually well sealed, and latched, but can go bad and get road salt loaded water into them. Once that happens, it's over for that plug. You'll have to splice in another one.

Maybe a disappointed lot lizard pee'd in your DEF tank at the last truck stop.:cool:

You didn't happen to pass a trailer from that P&G warehouse with 666 in the trailer number did you?:eek::D

Bpinar Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.