1. kd5drx

kd5drx <strong>Master of Electronic Communications</stron

Nov 28, 2006
    Some where USA
    Leave drafting to the boys of NASCAR and not the open highways. and your first comment about not turning it into a discussion of blown tires and rock chips tells me you have allready experianced or been told before no. I will tell you what the sign says "if you can't see my mirrors i can't see you" and who KNOWS i may have to panic stop and not have any tail lights or i may loose a hand full of marbels out the door or worse. So my advise is stay out of the danger zone.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

No, in fact if I notice a car drafting I will keep slowing down till they get the hint and pass. That is beyond dangerous period.

4. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    I heard that bb's work well for drafters and they are harded to find than the marbles.:biggrin_255:. Rember that you do not want that evidince to be found.
    p.s. just make sure it is not a cop car.

5. navyeoseabee

navyeoseabee Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2007
    OKC
    i just left san diego,ca as a duty station and we (my crew hauledd-7 dozers up and down the coast a lot. if slowing down , didn't work i would let them have a taste of the engine retarder!!! no brake lights !

funny thing to i just posted a new thread about how mythbusters just proved it true with the gas mileage so more people will be doing it now !
    under "disscussion about EVERYTHING " (i tried to post a link to it but i am not allowed )

6. navyeoseabee

navyeoseabee Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2007
    OKC

if you are worried about evidince then use small rocks - all natural!

7. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

I knew a covenant driver who would throw rotten eggs at tailgaters and other cars that generally pissed him off. What a stupid idea.

Here's a good one, let the car go and forget about them, and keep doing your job. Knuckleheads will be knuckleheads, and nothing will ever change that. And the price you could pay for your three seconds of joy (after exacting your revenge) are just not worth it.

Act professional,be professional.period.

8. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

EXACTLY.

THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT CONDONE ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR IN THE LEAST.

9. MICHAELJAYCLARK

MICHAELJAYCLARK Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2007
    I say let em follow close and draft... even if you have to hit the brakes they will still stop faster and not hit you.

and if they do hit you so what? we back trailers into docks, docks are like walls, so we back into walls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Texas
    If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you. That is put on back of many trailers for a reason.

Also, how well do you trust that driver in front of you to be paying attention?

Keep a safe following distance

And to answer the question, I hate when people tailgate me. (it's not drafting, it is tailgating)

11. MICHAELJAYCLARK

MICHAELJAYCLARK Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2007
    what problem could they possibly cause? you weigh 34000 empty to 80000 loaded, they weigh 2000 small car to 7000 big suv.

i say let em

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.