Dramatic Rollover Video

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Runawayscreaming, May 4, 2019.

1. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Not true if the pickup was already in the intersection waiting for the light. Otherwise, it could conceivably take many signal cycles for even one car to be able to turn at certain times of day. BC is screwed up about a lot of things, but that isn't one of them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    Oops, my error. I did not see the left turn signal light. Carry on.

4. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    And this is exactly why you don’t Haul But through congested areas..

You drive through them with the caution and speed adjustment assuming that every other driver out there is going to do something Stupid

PoleCrusher and not4hire Thank this.
  5. Snoopycda

Snoopycda Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Edmonton Ab.
    You can argue until you are blue in the face. He turned left in front of a moving vehicle. Had he stayed put this thread wouldn't exist. Any questions?

Phantom Trucker and Roberts450 Thank this.
  6. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    I have a question.
    How do you know the driver of the pick up could see the semi and vice versa?

I mentioned this in a previous post, the possibility that a tall vehicle like a cube van or a motorhome in the opposing left turn lane could have created a blind spot for both drivers.
    You can't say that's not a possibility, because I guarantee there's one or two people on this forum who have been in this situation at some time, myself included.
    Just because you can't see it in the video doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I still say the trucker is dumb as a doorknob.
    It's a 50 km/h zone and there's a red light camera sign before he got to the intersection that the trucker should have seen if he was paying attention and he had plenty of time to slow down before the light turned red, but he didn't.

7. Snoopycda

Snoopycda Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Edmonton Ab.
    Do you proceed when you can't see?!!
    The truck driver is definitely running a yellow/red, have you heard the term "Dead right"? It doen't really matter who's at fault if you are dead.

Phantom Trucker Thanks this.
  8. Canucklehead

Canucklehead Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    I know that intersection well. The truck was coming down a 4% grade (at least, but there's no sign) towards the intersection. Most trucks do roll through when they see a yellow because hammering the brakes would mean you're stuck in the middle and blocking the intersection when you finally stop. The 4 wheeler tried to beat the light before it turned green. Going south past that intersection (which was the trucks direction) there's an immediate poor banking slope from the center divider to the curb 3 lanes away. The truck tried to swing left to avoid the 4 wheeler but then he hard-overed back again. That's why he rolled. That slope would cause anybody to roll doing that. But yeah, the driver was probably a new canadian, and didn't know the road right there, and probably had his mind on avoiding the 4 wheeler but getting into the left lane again because down the hill there's a turn for the highway entrance. basically the perfect storm. Idiot 4 wheeler, poor road design, and a driver that only did half right.

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  9. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    Doubt it was a new Canadian, they usually drive Volvo's and Freightliners. Not peterbuilts. Rarely see any driving those or kenworths.

10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Come to out west. They all drive Pete/KW out here.

11. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    New Canadian, ha.
    In this neck of the woods it's called a Pink light. You know, Red & Yeller mixed.
    An old driver (Nasty Frank) told me the most important skill is patience.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.