Dreaming about sleeping while driving

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by hup, Aug 10, 2011.

1. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

I used to have one where i went off of a very high bridge....always woke up just before hitting the water.My heart was pounding and i was in a cold sweat....strange dream.
    I have not had that dream in years now thanks to my Doc giving me some good sleeping pills...They last for about 5 hours or so and i wake up feeling pretty good.
    I have seen some wild stuff about 4 in the morning after driving all day and all night..:biggrin_2554:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    Had been driving way too long back in the day when I thought it smart to say I slept about 15 min last night if I add up all the times my head nodded.
    Never actually fell asleep but thought it smart to OD on caffeine and go at it for a couple of days at a time.I knew when I started hallucinating that it was time to stop.
    I come around a bend one night and I see these people in the distance hovering a few feet above the mist covered ground.
    They have light shining from their heads as they slowly move between the trees in the field.
    Usually the hallucinations were just my over tired brain misidentifying something and I would jump back to reality in a second or two.
    These strange hovering people would not go away even though I was sitting bolt upright with my eyes wide as could be.
    They would disappear then there would be more.
    This whole thing was starting to really scare me when all of a sudden they were about 50ft from the road where I could actually see that they were fruit pickers working at night. They were on stilts that the mist was obscuring with miner type lights on their heads.

BigJohn54 and blktop-bucanear Thank this.
  4. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

Man! King Q that would have freaked me out too...

5. RCpullerdude

RCpullerdude Bobtail Member

May 12, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    I had something similar happen to me not all that long ago. I woke up in the middle of the night from some thunder, looked at the clock and it said like 1:49 or something and I started flipping out because it was pitch black out and I figured something really bad was going on outside, being there was a lot of thunder and it was pitch black for being nearly two in the afternoon. After walking around a bit looking out the windows wondering what on Earth was going on, I realized it was almost two in the morning and it was just a little thunderstorm moving through.

6. Powell-Peralta

Powell-Peralta Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2007
    P.S., i would think sleeping with the engine off (if possible) would tend to prevent this phenomenon from occuring?

7. bowman316

bowman316 Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2010
    aberdeen, md
    i keep having a nightmare where I am driving way too fast and can't stop soon enough for a red light or something.
    Like I am hitting the brakes, and the truck is just hauling ###, and i can't control it.

8. bowman316

Dec 3, 2010
    aberdeen, md
    oh and sometimes i will forget where i am while sleeping. I will swear I'm sleeping in my house, when I am in the truck. I wake up and I am like WTF! I'm in my truck!

9. Powell-Peralta

Powell-Peralta Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2007

Let's examine this (btw i would like examine everyone's nightmares, but first bowman's):

How are you doing in other areas of life---financially, relationshipinally, getting along with the boss, sex life etc?

10. bowman316

Dec 3, 2010
    aberdeen, md
    i bet its some kinda metaphore for the rest of my life. Like my life is kinda like a runaway truck, just going where ever it wants to go.
    I don't really plan too much of my life, i just kinda let it happen.

The only good thing lately is I have been getting lucky latley. I got thru hot and cold streaks with the ladies. and i'm in a hot streak right now.

11. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    only thing that happened to me thats kind of in the same, well not really the same but, I had a 3:30am delivery, got to where i was going to deliver about 01:00am and decided to take a nap in the driver seat, woke up about an hour to an hour and a halve later in the seat and thought i feel asleep driving, gave myself near a heart attack and started pumping the break pedal, until i realized i was parked,:sign5:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.