Drive axel touches frame? Help!!

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by newdriver2, Apr 17, 2019.

1. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

If you are in Dallas, try Weaver Spring & Brake, which is south of Dallas on I-45. They are cheap, but I’m not sure if they are as good as “Frame and Alignment.”

newdriver2, Johny41 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newdriver2

newdriver2 Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2017
    I'm in saint louis, I have an appointment setup for tuesday. the truck went to two shops today and both shops verified original frame, no modifications to the frame. they tell me it is drivetrain related ... so i am wondering if they sold me the wrong torqsin arms... a month ago

PE_T Thanks this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

If you are buying the parts yourself, always use the last six of your VIN to purchase parts at the dealer and verify they have the correct year and model.

newdriver2 Thanks this.
  5. newdriver2

Sep 14, 2017
    yes, i always use the last 6 of the vin and they always have fit so far, knock on wood. The alignment shop looked at the truck and thinks its something to do with the u-bolts and springs. they will look further into this tuesday

PE_T Thanks this.
  6. newdriver2

Sep 14, 2017
    So - interesting find, i found another thread saying a similar issue... issue being the air governor being 110psi not feeding enough air to the rear bags to adjust the suspension correctly.

i have noticed that my rear bags are fully inflated, the front bags look like they could go up further...

not sure if any of this is related because the driveshaft when bags are dumped will be almost kissing the cross member...

the first shop told me i visited today that they could remove the cross member and bend/press a gruve into it to "fix" the issue...

PE_T Thanks this.
  7. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Screenshot_20190418-160526_eBay.jpg

This manifold airs up the 5th wheel slider; air horn; air bags and transmission splitter. When it sticks all those items just dont work. It's a fairly cheap part but try the leveling valve first.

Did you buy the truck from Arrow?

Johny41, newdriver2 and PE_T Thank this.
  8. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I was going to say the same thing from looking at the pictures. I guess it’s starting to make sense now. Someone mentioned to place a PSI gauge on each airbag to check all airbags are receiving enough air pressure. Maybe an air line is bent or damaged. Also check your air dryer. The air dryer filter needs to be changed every year. The filter helps remove oil and water from the air system.

newdriver2 Thanks this.
  9. newdriver2

Sep 14, 2017
    ironic that you posted that actually, when i first bought the truck from VanGuard (Mack) that valve was cracked/broke/leaking/a mess...i replaced it with the OEM one for $70 and it was located inner rail driver side twords battery box (bolt behind batteries that held it in)

but I replaced that when i first bought the truck about a month in a half ago.

- I do notice that my air pressure goes from 100psi to 110psi for no reason, im not pressing the brakes, not using any air. it will hold a solid 110 for 5 mins then dip to 100, then 5 minutes later go to 110 driving down the highway,floating to 100-110.

I installed the new air governor yesterday which I plan to adjust it tomorrow to a higher PSI.

truck holds air overnight, it has 20-30psi in the tanks when i turn the key on 12hrs later

i'm wondering if there is water in the tanks, the truck came from Minnesota, a large trucking company called Midwest Freight Systems (Unit 150 if the old owner is on here help me haha)

10. newdriver2

Sep 14, 2017
    i replaced the air dryer filter a week ago, at that time i also did all air o-rings on the manifold on the driver side, the exhaust manifold gaskets, all turbo gaskets, valve cover gaskets, front timing belt gaskets, radiator hoses, almost the whole front and pass side of the engine was replaced and cleaned and painted due to an exhaust leak and a oil leak that I was worried about - completely unrelated but ive been trying :(

Midnightrider909 and PE_T Thank this.
  11. newdriver2

Sep 14, 2017
    I saw that post where they mentioned adding a air gauge to each bag, I'm not sure how-to do that.

I know how to add a T and run it to a gauge, but is he talking about checking individually each bag? that would require adding the T to each bag basically individually and allowing each one to inflate and measure I'm guessing?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.