Drive Cam round one.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Switches, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Swift does not allow pets or any inverter worth a ####. I bought a truck fridge for my kw and had a burton cooker. However when you get trailers that take 2 people to move the tandems or ones so rusted the tail lights fall out there are issues.

It's not only that the new found "power" they have handed planers allows them to dick you over even more. My last home time was deleted from the system after the date was changed twice when my dm was out sick. Swift overall does not care about the drivers. It's PAINFULLY obvious with the addition of the drivecams. Not only that they blow smoke by saying the auto trucks are there to make driving easier on the driver when it's about getting more fuel mileage out of trucks that drive like ####.

I had an auto 50k and it started to pull like #### and shift bad. A friend of mine leased one only 20 numbers lower then mine and at 35k his tranny exploded.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. allisonisatranny

allisonisatranny Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    What truck did you friend have that had the transmission explode? Define explosion? I'm curious. If it is a Volvo I-Shift or a DT-12, it makes life easier. If it is an Eaton Auto Shift, then I feel sorry for you. If its an Allison automatic, then life is good!

4. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Was the eaton advantage. The clutch timing went to crap and stopped shifting with the clutch. Right before I turned in mine the same symptoms started. Reverse all but stopped working.

5. allisonisatranny

allisonisatranny Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    So it didn't explode, the clutch just stopped engaging? Kinda over exaggerating.

JOHNQPUBLIC and inkeper Thank this.
  6. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    I'm a rookie just two weeks out of training... Was given a 2015 Prostar 10 speed, had just over 100k, but still like new.

I love it. Granted I run regional with average load about 18k.
    It roomy comfortable, I love the three cup holders, all the plug sockets, and that I can sit up with my computer in the SB.

Just got my cam Fri morning. Tonight will be the first run with it.

7. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    We will see how long it takes then to "coach" you to get a better job

8. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Have you not left yet with your negative attitude.

A21CAV Thanks this.
  9. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    I'm at another company making 10 cpm more

10. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Cams are everywhere. You are cammed while buying a #### Subway. Every business has cams somewhere. You may see most of them but not ALL of them. Anymore I expect to be monitored,,don't like it but it is what it is..

Worst case I knew of was a fellow driver and I were on a dedicated run to the Sterling plant in St.Thomas Ontario and back to Norwalk Ohio every day/night. One night he props trailer in the lot, proceeds to piss in the weeds behind the trailer. He was caught on cam by security, and banned from the factory. To make matters worse the event was reported as indecent exsposure in Ontario, and he is listed as a sex offender with no chance of ever entering Canada again. Lost a good gig because a cam on a light pole was watching..

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  11. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    That's my feelings on the deal.... Cameras have been on me my entire working life. Nothing new.

I've got two sets of curtains to relax behind.

I'm going to keep doing what I do... Do my best to follow the rules... If the bullets come, they come. No sense in getting worked up over 'what ifs'.

Pretty much standard operating procedures in my 40 years of life experiences.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.