DriveCam....

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Cooper09, Apr 29, 2013.

1. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.

What other reason would there be

L.B. and devildawg69 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    I didn't have a camera when I worked for Millis and it was not the camera that made me leave. The company I drive for now has the same cameras in every truck and we were given the same line about about helping good drivers. The funny thing is, when I asked for one single example of how the cameras ever helped a driver I get blank faces and then they get defensive. It is just propaganda to get drivers to swallow having cameras shoved in their faces. I said it before and I'll say it again, a camera facing the driver will never help the driver. It is only there to find fault with the driver, period.

I've also heard all the responses before, i.e.:

I do not drive unsafely and am worried about being caught.
    I do not talk on the cell phone, with or without a headset while driving.
    I do not tailgate (I have video proof of this and have been complimented on my following distance many times)
    etc, ad nauseam

My only issue is that we are all lied to when they implement the cameras. For the sleeper drivers, I also don't agree with a camera pointed where I sleep, but I drive a day cab now, so..... meh.

4. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    EXACTLY!!!! So nice to see others who can see through the smoke and mirrors!!

devildawg69 and slim shady Thank this.
  5. "Hang - Man"

"Hang - Man" Heavy Load Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    [QUOTE
    My only issue is that we are all lied to when they implement the cameras. For the sleeper drivers, I also don't agree with a camera pointed where I sleep, but I drive a day cab now, so..... meh.[/QUOTE]

You have got to be kidding ! there are cameras in the sleeper births? Please, for those of you that stick up for the driver facing cameras -explain the sleeper birth cameras away, i cant wait to hear this one.

6. "Hang - Man"

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    Here is a plan that could remove them (driver facing cam) from every company truck forever.
    needed -One company (that has driver cams) with many female drivers.
    Needed - a few female drivers that are willing to be the pioneers to put and end to this practice -it wouldn't hurt if they were well muscled in the chest region (get my drift) and preferred to drive in a wife beater aahhh husband beater. And willing to file a "sexual harassment" type lawsuit.
    needed - one good lawyer.
    It also wouldn't hurt to have someone that could access the cam files cause i guaranty there is some footage stored somewhere of some female driver bouncing down a rough road.
    Case closed, once the first company falls or loses -every other company would remove the driver facing cameras immediately.
    I thought the cab was the drivers home which gave them implied rights to privacy, and where are the organizations that protect the drivers, are there any ?

7. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    [QUOTE="Hang - Man";3663249][QUOTE
    My only issue is that we are all lied to when they implement the cameras. For the sleeper drivers, I also don't agree with a camera pointed where I sleep, but I drive a day cab now, so..... meh.[/QUOTE]

You have got to be kidding ! there are cameras in the sleeper births? Please, for those of you that stick up for the driver facing cameras -explain the sleeper birth cameras away, i cant wait to hear this one.[/QUOTE]

There are no cameras in the sleeper berth. Mine was mounted on the top right portion of the windshield inside the cab facing the driver.

8. "Hang - Man"

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA

There are no cameras in the sleeper berth. Mine was mounted on the top right portion of the windshield inside the cab facing the driver.[/QUOTE]

Phew - i thought that was a little crazy, but crazier things have happened.

9. geargrinder

geargrinder Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2006
    More than likely waiting.
    [QUOTE="Hang - Man";3663281]There are no cameras in the sleeper berth. Mine was mounted on the top right portion of the windshield inside the cab facing the driver.[/QUOTE]

Phew - i thought that was a little crazy, but crazier things have happened.[/QUOTE]Unless you shut the curtains the drivecam is staring right at you.

10. "Hang - Man"

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    Unless you shut the curtains the drivecam is staring right at you.[/QUOTE]

That isnt actually my quote --i had copy and pasted - i didnt know how to quote a piece of someones post.

11. geargrinder

geargrinder Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2006
    More than likely waiting.
    The data collected by existing systems can be reasonably extrapolated to identify unsafe driving habits. Hard braking, lane control, speeding, coasting, etc. are all indicators of unsafe driving. Hard braking is closely monitored by any carrier worth its salt. Typically, these events are sent to safety and the driver's supervisor.

The camera staring at you is for intimidation. Guaranteed, even with the best of drivers, Big Brother can find events that lead to termination with cause.

Ben Franklin described you sheep that see nothing wrong with such tactics - "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both."

Boomer 1 and PowderBlue Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.