Drivecam

Discussion in 'Crete' started by OFTOTR, Feb 20, 2014.

1. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    I bet somebody connected with crete calls my cellphone while I am driving every month or two, at the least.
    They've also given out my cell phone number to other drivers without my permission.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vito

Vito Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    I'm sure he got fired for more than just that. Maybe he sneezed and the dash cam picked up on him blinking for a split second, taking his eyes off the road. He probably got fired for something more severe like this. Or maybe he had a habit of shifting at 1525 rpm's instead of 1500 and it was costing the company an extra $3.75 in fuel per week. There's a bunch of really serious stuff that drivers do that needs firing.

4. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    Most crete drivers do not have to deal with these cams, yet. There are a total of 200 drivecams in crete trucks, now. (out of 5000?) Only 50 were assigned to 'problem drivers', the rest are just luck of the draw.
    Crete is going to install 150 smartdrive cams in new trucks. They are convinced some cam system is the way to go, and are shopping for whichever system they think makes sense. (to them)
    In the meantime, they are experimenting with the settings of the drivecam, and they can change the settings remotely, without the truck going into a company shop.
    One setting they changed a few months ago has to do with speeding. Somehow the cam will trigger if the qcom gps says you are speeding.
    So, you will notice the cam going off for no reason, and later have to talk to the desk jockeys and try to explain that you were not doing 61 mph in a 45 zone, THE GPS IS WRONG. (they won't believe you)
    They are giving out 'safety points' for drivecam incidents, and we are not talking about wrecks, near misses, or real world stuff. It's nonsense.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.