driver cam

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jojobill, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Lux Prometheus

Lux Prometheus Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    San Venganza, Tx
    That's the best example of Big Brother working for a driver.

Who do you drive for?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Thats good that it worked for you. You had nothing to hide. You were found to be operating safely. I want to speculate a minute though. What if you had been smoking, taking a drink of your favorite beverage, eating something, or even blowing your nose at the exact moment she struck you? Would the courts consider that distracted driving on your part? After all a fraction of a second is all it takes to make a huge difference in reaction and braking. Just playing devils advocate here. Would they have considered it preventable on your part even though the lady was in the wrong?

nofreetime, bergy and mje Thank this.
  4. Lux Prometheus

Lux Prometheus Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    San Venganza, Tx
    O_______________o

Yer a lawyer, aren't ya?????

Dinomite Thanks this.
  5. snowlauncher

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Nope. Just a driver who thinks about the rights of American citizens and trucking professionals. And the bureaucrats that try to regulate everything they dont truly understand by rule of law.

6. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Considering the circumstances surrounding the accident I'm pretty sure I'd still be found notat fault because I never left my lane like the lady claimed. She was actually weaving in and out of traffic and caught the right rear tires on a transfer truck. I could have been picking my nose for all they care. Had I moved out of my lane it probably would be going to court because as we all know the truck driver is always at fault.

Lux Prometheus, pattyj and Dinomite Thank this.
  7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    take a picture of the empty cab and hang it in front of the camera.

Scott101, Vito, bergy and 2 others Thank this.
  8. snowlauncher

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    "The truck driver is always at fault"
    I believe that's my point good sir. The lady could have been talking on the phone, putting on makeup, fishing in her purse or any other number of distractions all at the same time, a could have lied and gotten away with it. You, being a driver, would not have been allowed any circumstancial error due to the fact that it was all recorded. Seems pretty unfair and almost opressive to me.

nofreetime Thanks this.
  9. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    I understand what you're saying but like my boss told me. "#### her, I'll take this to court and spend what I got to spend". I don't know why she chose to blame me. I was on of 3 big rigs involved in the accident. By the time she slid in front of me I was on the shoulder and almost stopped. I bumped her at maybe 10mph. FTR, I started slowing down and moving to the shoulder after she made contact with the first truck. She was bouncing off of the two other trucks like a pinball.

10. snowlauncher

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    I would like to add that this is coming from a company driver with an ELD, EOBR, and sattelite tracking on my truck. ;)

11. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    I got all that on my truck too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.