Driver Didn’t Make It

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Aug 5, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Well, there are certain thoughts that I withheld from posting here related to the driver.

PA is not bad for trucking, if you are careful and have the right tractor trailer to do the work safely within reason. I went everywhere with mine back in the day. (Scared myself a time or two...) It's not a state to run into with no training or respect for what it's possible.

It is possible that this might be a driver who has not spent enough time in the states to understand he can go over a particular route with other drivers and see what the common consensus is about a given route. Or even contacing Penn DOT, using google earth etc.

If it's more extreme, we might be running into a language barrier in addition to a cultural one.

Ive said enough here. Anything more will get me into trouble. I don't need that.

Lepton1 and Oldironfan Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  4. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    The guy lived in that area of Oregon and he still took a remote road. Why in the heck would you leave the Interstate when your going to Idaho. Those roads in the Oregon Alps are for pu and log trucks.
    Absolutely no common sense.

AModelCat, allniter and nax Thank this.
  5. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    Foreign name here. Twenty years in the US. Almost twelve driving a truck. Hope if I die in a truck, my name will be missed, not blamed for the accident.

6. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    I don't think it's about a name but more about experience.

nax Thanks this.
  7. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    If you can't comprehend that many foreigners here cut corners and don't get proper training you are very naive. There is a thread right now about it.

8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    We have people born and raised here that have had more experience and they screw up all the same.
    I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve discussed about being complacent on downhill grades most of the older drivers would say “that’s nothing”,and yet some of those drivers end up wrecking in places like Sandstone and Monteagle(and in Sandstone’s case sometimes said driver ends up going home in a pine box).

9. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I've met many NON-Foreigners that cut corners, driving ramshackle, leaky trucks, but I guess its ok to point to others, since the good ol' boy from a "git'er done" zip code can never do no wrong.

10. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    West Virginia isn't nicknamed The Mountain State for nothing. It takes forever to get through there with a heavy load.

Lepton1, Tb0n3, mjd4277 and 1 other person Thank this.
  11. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I see them every day. I go through Atlanta. While there are some people that are native to here, the majority I see causing problems and having a lack of knowledge or courtesy are foreign. While my state had it's share of good ole boys, it also has a county that is ranked in the top 10 in income per capita. You obviously haven't spent much time in Nashville, to be so naive.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.