Driver Facing Cameras

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by interstate942, Jun 22, 2021.

1. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    It is actually easier than you think. When I was driving for CR England in 2007. Lincoln Nebraska was doing highway work. For those of you whom know the road. Westbound, just after the sweeping right hand turn and the overhead bridge. The road was posted at 65. Come around the corner and road construction and speed limit is 50 mph. No warning signs indicating work zone or speed decrease. Adding insult to the driving was a lane shift.

Fortunately the truck I was driving had RSC (Roll stability control). The computer recognized that I might roll the truck and immediately dumped the air bags on the left side. It stopped the cab roll and freaked out the trainer whom didnt want to train. He wanted team driving and the heck with training. Racked up the miles quickly with him. At the time I was expected to have total miles (his included) of 7500 miles at the end of three weeks. I had some where are 24,000 (12481 I believe logged).
    Untitled.jpg

bryan21384, Speed_Drums and Solo Soul Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Emm, what?

4. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Dart is about 60/40 owner ops to company drivers

5. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Those driver-facing cameras are just creepy and weird. I don't care when they "activate."

It's an unfortunate thing when a man can be out in the middle of no where, hundreds of miles away from any large city... and he can't talk to himself outloud without wondering who might hear it. LOL

In my opinion, that just rings louder an any other half-baked argument that says if you aren't doing something wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

Except that's not even the point. You give a man respect by giving him his privacy. I don't know, to me those two things go closely together. I'm sorry some people can't drive down the road without causing an accident, but that's really not my problem.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.