driver facing cams?

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Just start picking your nose and whatever all else in front of the stupid camera they wanna see everything you do show it to them

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    I believe Superior is self insured and our accident rate is fairly low. I'd be surprised if they added the cameras. I wouldn't stick around for that.

4. CornerCarver

CornerCarver Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2007
    running a twisty road
    Well my friend who is still with superior recently got a new peterbilt that has a camera facing both ways. The auto stop for tailgating and lane departure alarm!! It's not a rumor any more. Glad I found my private carrier job and got out of there. Stay safe

5. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I have yet to see a camera in a Superior truck. I just got a new Mack. Has 30 k miles on it now. A coiuple other guys got new Peterbilts at the same time. No cameras. Maybe they trying some out at Markham/Kankakee

6. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    what terminal is your friend out of. That's the MAIN question. I was told they would be in at the end of this year. wsyrob, how do you like your Mack? I like mine(although it had right over 200K on it....way better than that stupid prostar that broke down on me and I spent a week and a half in a hotel before I was 'rescued' by good 'Ol Sunshine! haha), although I did use a brand new one first week of this year....didn't like the fact that the insulation between door was coming off.

7. CornerCarver

CornerCarver Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2007
    running a twisty road
    Markham

8. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I like it. Took some gorilla glue to that insulation my second day in it. No problem after that but you have to knock paint off the doors to close them all the way.

Had some check engine lights come on and go off a few times the first 2 weeks. Been off the last month or so 30K miles before I went on vacation

9. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    dang, a whole month? Lately I get in and spend 3-4 days at home. I'm only needing 2 whole days off.

10. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Lol the light has been off not me

11. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    My insulation strip comes off too. I tried gorilla glue and had maintenance glue it down. Still comes off.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.