driver facing cams?

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, Feb 14, 2018.

1. tankeryanker1485

tankeryanker1485 Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2018
    Superior Carriers does not have ANY driver facing cameras. The new Pete’s have forward facing cameras and all new trucks entering the fleet will have them. But there will not be driver facing cameras.

yankatank and wsyrob Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    That's good news if true. Any idea if they plan to retrofit older trucks with the forward facing cameras? I just got into a new Mack this year and it has no cameras.

4. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    even better news for me...I was going to buy a forward facing cam anyways! I'm all for that! This way, when someone calls me 'number 1' and I call them 'number 1' back...they are on video! haha But, I have to ask the same question as wsyrob...since I have a feeling I'll be in this truck for a good 2 more years? Only has 263K on it. Unless it decides to pull a 'prostar' on e like mine did in KC last year....I lost my dang mind in that hotel after 9 days there....but hey, they sent Sunshine to get me! hahahahaha

5. tankeryanker1485

Mar 27, 2018
    From my understanding, there are no plans to retrofit current trucks already in the system. The plan is to have trucks without cameras phased out in about 3-4 years or at the end of there lifecycle.

wsyrob Thanks this.
  6. tankeryanker1485

Mar 27, 2018
    The cameras we have now are not “drive cam” type of cameras. They actually serve several roles and believe it or not videoing is not the primary role. You should be getting more information on the system soon. The system is hard to explain via a forum so ask your TM, RFM or your Regional EHSS Manager. Beware though...it’s rollout hasn’t been handled as good as it could have been so even your TM might not have a lot of knowledge about the new system.

Currently there are only 14 tractors that have the cameras but we will be getting over 100 new tractors delivered to terminals between now and September.

wsyrob Thanks this.
  7. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    From my understanding, HP is one of the last to get new trucks. Here's looking at you Kankakee/Markham and Pasadena. ;)

8. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Heard a rumor that superior has purchased 150 new internationals with the Cummings engine, is this true?

9. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I seriously doubt that given the last batch on Internationals we were involved with. They are just now getting the last of them replaced.

10. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Cummings engine?

11. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Yeah, but those had the maxxforce engine, these internationals would have the cummings.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.