driver facing cams?

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Cummins engine, not Cummings engine

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tankeryanker1485

tankeryanker1485 Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2018
    Yes and no. We are getting some Internationals but it’s not 150 units. I think the number is 40 something. And they will have the Cummins engine.

4. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    What transmission?

My problems with the Prostar were more than engine related. Never could get it to align right. It either wore the drive tires irregularly or the steers. Dropped the drive shaft on I-10 at 60 mph when the swing bearings failed with under 20K miles on it. Also replaced tractor brake chambers at 5K.

5. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Curious to see if they stay with Mack trucks, considering mack is not making the 60 inch sleeper anymore. They are only offering 48 inch sleeper, or 70 inch sleeper and superior is not a huge fan of them large sleepers 4 weight purposes

6. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    I don't think theres much of a weigh difference between the sleeper sizes. My old truck was a double-framed western star with a 76" sleeper and I could legally gross 46,500 net. If your truck is under 21k tare you should be gtg, and once you get up above 75k gross it really doesn't make much of a difference in fuel mpg.

I'm surprised they are even giving International the time of day considering how badly the prostar/maxxforce cost them, but I guess some execs just never learn...

Thermos Bottle Thanks this.
  7. tankeryanker1485

tankeryanker1485 Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2018
    Right now they’re stuck with a bunch of Pro Stars that they can’t give away. Barely getting enough out of them for scrap metal. International swooped in and offered them a sweet trade in deal that they couldn’t refuse.

8. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I figured it was something like that. They probably demanded something back from International and this is what was negotiated.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.