Driver looking to get back on the road!

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Dolla, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Dolla

Dolla Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Kokomo,In
    I'm looking to get back out on the road. I miss the open views and sitting behind the wheel.

Ive been looking into doing a Lease Purchase with TransCorr. But I want to see what other ooptions I might have available for me. Maybe a small fleet or an Owner Operator looking to fill a Truck. I have 2 1/2 yrs on the road. Home time is every other weekend. ( visitation with son ) so I try to keep it that way. I can work it out with 3 wks away once awhile. I have Reefer and Dry Van Exp. but is will to learn a little more about flatbedding. I wonder if I could get any suggestions or help. I live in Kokomo, In

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    How long ago did you last drive?If too long you ago may have to take a refreshers course.Or start looking in your area for a small company.But make sure they have excellent equipment.

4. Dolla

Dolla Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Kokomo,In
    It's been since dec. of last yr. so only 2 months. I'm currently driving a 5 speed shredd truck local

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You should'nt have any trouble finding work.

6. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I am working with my ex to arrange parenting time with my 12 yo to 2 consecutive weekends. Her 2 in a row, me two in a row. That gives me 3 weeks out if I should care to do that. LOT more flexibility that way for both of us.

In the summer, I should be able to keep her from the time I get home, till when I go back on the road. About 10 days at a time.

Good luck.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Maverick has some kind of weekend policy & so does McElroy.

Food service or grocery warehouse drivers is another option.

Greatwide does some dedicated logistics which sometimes has some good home time. They have company drivers & lease & 0/0's.

Check Careerbuilder and Indeed websites also.

8. Dolla

Dolla Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Kokomo,In
    I have 3 tickets within 3 years. That's stopping me from alot of companies. My first ticket drops off this year. They were all in my personal vehicle and yes I understand it affects my CDLs. Just hoping I can get lucky.

9. Abandon Hope

Abandon Hope Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2013
    USXpress has a new Walmart account in Gas City with a big hiring bonus . They are dyin for drivers for this account !!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.