Driver-made bulkheads

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by IluvCATS, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Slavi

Slavi Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Honestly guys I posted the video because I thought it was related to the thread topic. Point is that the driver made bulkhead actually helped in this case (watch 3:40 mark in the video).

Whether the hard brake could have been avoided or not is up to discussion. As a seasoned driver he probably should have anticipated the white SUV to do what he did, but then again I understand that there are other factors not seen in the video that could have been at play.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SixShooterTransport

SixShooterTransport Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2018
    The problem here is no accountability for dangerous drivers. These kinds of incidents are 100% avoidable if people would just drive safely and stop acting like they’re the most important person on the road. I think the truck driver did the best he could in the situation. If it had happened to me though I would have sent that footage to the highway patrol and at least checked into my options for pressing charges and filing a lawsuit for damages based on reckless driving. I understand that hard brakes and dangerous drivers are a part of the job, but when it’s to this extent and the load or equipment is damaged then someone needs to be held accountable. If the freight is damaged and the receiver files a claim you can bet that it’ll be the car’s insurance company paying for it, not mine.

Back the the original point of the thread, I appreciate videos and conversations like this that show how important extra safety measures like bulkheads really are.

Gumper Thanks this.
  4. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    I worked for a company in the shop, and we built a light weight system for that. Worked great with coils. Way safer.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2018
    Reason for edit: fixed quote
    IluvCATS Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.