Driver Pins Man Against Loading Dock

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by jowsuf, Apr 12, 2013.

1. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    VERY SEXIST,
    I know a few women drivers who can drive a hell of alot beeter than lot of men out here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

wanting to thank that post more than ONCE ^^^^^^^^

4. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

we were somewhere on long island at a hospital making deleveries....i was out watching CB back in...it was like an obstacle course.. this was at Fed Ex Custom Critical with our 323" wheelbase Pete....the lot and buliding were under construction...it was a nightmare in there....he is backin up...i am on the ground watching everything...this man walks DIRECTLY behind the trailer..with his back to it walking toward the dock ..so in the same direction CB was backing up....where CB has NO chance on seeing him....i see him and get try to get him to move....to no avail....get CB stopped...then explain to the man he is gonna get RAN over if he doesnt move....he GOT MAD AT ME.....go figure....

5. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    almost makes ya wanna let the process of natural selection run its course sometimes

6. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Late last summer we dropped our trailers the night before on the jobsite and the next morning we met the crane crew so I pulled up straight to rehook to my trailer. As I am backing up with my hazard lights flashing I get about 20 feet away from the trailer and a guy with his head down reading a clipboard walks right between the truck and trailer from passenger side to driver side. As soon as I saw him in the mirror I stopped, set the brakes, hopped out and asked him "What were you thinking?" He was the safety man for the manufacturing plant.

7. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Sounds like he needs to go re-learn the definition of "Safety"!

8. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    He was attempting suicide by truck . What else could he have be doing? :confused:

Rolling the Smashed Pumpkin

WV_Daddys_Girl and Lilbit Thank this.
  9. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx
    No, he was only fooling :laughing-guffaw:

Lilbit Thanks this.
  10. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    last year the same accident happened in Kugansk, Ulraine, on Coca-Cola terminal. ZIL-130 driver smashed man in loading dock, bet he survived and no he is OK.

11. Happy_Hamer

Happy_Hamer Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Illinois
    I was in Texas backing up to a dock, I seen the guy inside "waving me in". Obviously, as I got closer to the dock, the opening disappeared.

As I lost visual with him in my mirror I knew he lost visual of me, did not matter I back into docks all day long like all of you and did not need his hand signal to keep backing.

Now I do not mean to upset anyone here, I am not a believer in a higher power, EXCEPT THAT DAY!

After I got closer to the door, something told me "I bet that guy jumped in between the trailer and the dock so he can get back in my view".

So I stopped,

There he was yelling and squirming, he was BARELY pinned and wiggled his way out.

He was not hurt, just shook up, took me a while to calm down, my brother who was in the sleeper, woke up to see what was going on, he had to bump the dock for me because I was so shook up.

Again, I do not know what made me stop, but I am glad I did!

By then everyone from the dock and the office was out seeing what happen and could not believe how lucky the guy was.

This was back in 1996 and I remember his face and every moment of that incident clear as a bell to this day. It was probably the scariest moment of my driving career.

goblue and Giggles the Original Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.