Driver raises may be coming....

Discussion in 'Swift' started by TakinItEasy, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Frenzy

Frenzy Medium Load Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    make that $43 thousand.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. turbo64

turbo64 Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Do you see the future drivers walking across everyday about three thousand.

4. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Man Swift needs to pay up and fix the route miles ripoff, but we already know this. I had 3 drivers from various companies try to recruit me at different truck stops on the lot or at fuel islands just this past week. I tell you something I did the whole hop around companies thing when I first started, it is a pain. JB Hunt use to do some crazy ruthless recruiting at truck stops about a decade ago, that was crazy with cassette tapes of "why JB was the best" cards on door, drivers starting up recruiting on the cb to the masses. Lol

5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Recently the paid miles have been very close to the actual miles driven. I think they are using a different system to calculate the miles now.
    My current load has mt miles at 181, actual was 186.
    Loaded miles is 555, actual is 564.

That's pretty darn close, and nothing to complain about.
    The mt route was 4 miles longer than my RM520 route, but a couple minutes shorter. A good trade.

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Interesting .. the broker quotes miles to us as practical. ... Usually when the load came over from Swift the miles would be anywhere from 5 to 10 percent less ... But the lasr couple of months the Swift miles have been the same or even slightly more

7. AppalachianTrucker

AppalachianTrucker Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2014
    Orion Arm
    Does Swift pay ZIP code to Zip code?

8. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    That has been policy in the past, but, like they said above, things are changing and miles are getting closer to actual.

9. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    If that (zip to zip) were the case we would ACTUALLY get paid to drive 30 miles across town (like Phoenix & El Paso to name 2) instead of doing it for 1 mile.

10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Well ,,, technically it is zip to zip.

Swift uses the Rand MacNally Mile Maker and there are 6 different options for setting up the miles. 3 for the location and 3 for the route ... The location can be set City Main Zip to City Main Zip, Address Zip to Address Zip, or Address to Address ... Route can be set to practical, HHG or shortest.

Swift was using City zip to City zip/shortest route. That's why we don't get paid on intra city, because it's routing to and from the same zip.

When I've cross checked on Google maps, city zip to city zip, it'll be fairly close to Swifts miles. Problem is - besides being on the wrong side of the main zip - shortest route will send you on secondary/non recommended routes for trucks. And in some instances - like Toledo, OR - route over truck restricted highways.

Based on what Moose said and what I'm seeing it's possible Swift is moving to practical or at least HHG.

11. endless tacos

endless tacos Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Another big problem with Swift is they don't offer flexible home time options like Roehl, Schneider, Marten, Knight, etc. There are no 14/7 fleets or anything like that with swift. Swift hometime stinks it's based on that old worn out one day off for every 7 worked nonsense.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.