Driver shortage is over

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by sharecropper, Jul 27, 2013.

1. sharecropper

sharecropper Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville NC
    Congress decided truckers with Mexican CDLs would be considered equivalent of a state CDL, stated Judge Brett Kavanaugh on behalf of the three-judge panel. “We therefore conclude that the pilot program allows Mexican truck drivers to use their Mexican-issued commercial drivers’ licenses

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

Well, there goes the neighborhood! Soo, how or will they get accessed CSA points?

milskired Thanks this.
  4. Jimmbuds

Jimmbuds Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Well I don't think that necessarily means that the driver shortage is over, I am assuming all they are speaking about is Mexican driving there trucks into the states.......just my 2 cents

5. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Wow, they finally get the same treatment the Canadians got.

Psyched and RickG Thank this.
  6. sharecropper

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville NC
    I can see Mexican CDLs schools building now and ads saying, "make mucho money, learnt here" Then Channel 18 will be spanish only and low bridges will say, "cuidado con bajo o subterráneo agachar la cabeza Amego". No the Mexicans will not bring trucks but they will come here on work visa'a. Odio cuando eso se produce porque los trabajos solo pagarán un 20 millas, 10-4

7. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    So, here's my question, IF a Mexican carrier hits my truck, how many people here think that MY insurance company will pay the damage and MY rate will go up because the insurance company won't bother to chase down a carrier in Mexico, hell, my insurance company is STILL trying to collect for subrogation from getting rear ended by another carrier 2 years ago,,,,, IN UPSTATE N.Y.

AND the Workman's Comp. has been attributed to MY account because the claim remains open!!!

8. sharecropper

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville NC
    Not only will we see trucks from Mexico but drivers, the US will claim a worker shortage and here they come. You have an interesting question and I understand what you are saying. Just another way to screw the American worker.........

KANSAS TRANSIT, Joetro, Dorsey and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I am less worried about getting into a wreck with a Mexican carrier than I am with some illegal in this country driving an auto. There are ways to go after a carrier, simply because there is DOT requirements they have to meet also. But Pedro, who is here as an "undocumented" person and driving around without any insurance of any kind is more of a problem. They are judgement proof. They have nothing, so there is nothing to go after. So, your insurance, worksman's comp, etc is the only recourse you have.

And we all know about the delaying tactics used to delay payments and such. This is nothing new. This is why insurance companies have lawyers... on both sides. They write back and forth and play games. Has nothing to do with where the carrier is from. They all delay to hope you will just give up. A timely settlement is not as common as some might think.

10. Jimmy T

Jimmy T Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Southwest MI
    I'm sure they'll only be hauling the freight American truckers don't want to haul!

Lone Ranger 13 Thanks this.
  11. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Here you go...read this aticle in Fleet Manager the other day........ discussion was the driver shortage........

Most professionals responded that we needed more money......they wouldn't work 70 hrs for 35k so why should we BUT they also claimed there was no room in the rates for a raise ( for us ) ....ya know, after they get theirs......

One said carriers need to attack young people....try to change their minds, career direction as they turn 21 while some others wanted the interstate rules lowered to 18 for even more attraction........

And my fav. by Donna G. ( fleet manager ) wants to be allowed to import immigrants......after all if we don't want the jobs then lets give it to someone who does......

And they let these folks make command decisions for carriers?

Gawd.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.