Driver shortage is over

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by sharecropper, Jul 27, 2013.

1. volvodriver01

volvodriver01 Road Train Member

And in the this response you show Iowa is no longer within reach of the top. Look at the big bold writing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Ok, I'll bite..... what part of what I stated is a factual error? Sorry if you got offended, just made a simple observation. I gave you benefit of the doubt in that post by saying I thought it was a possibility that you were baiting us to see which would catch what you were doing in that post. Evidently that was a misjudgment on my part as my response seemed to hit a nerve. So, I can only conclude that you weren't toying with us and you actually did have a spelling issue. You went there, so you are only to blame. I guess my comments on the decline of the public school system are justified.

I am led nowhere. I decide what I do, when I do it, and no one tells me, let alone a box, what and when I will do it. I do nothing different with an elog that I did with paper, except let it draw the line for me. Yep, have no problem admitting that it makes my life easier and makes me lazier. I have spent a long life working hard and am taking advantage of technology to make my life a little simpler and easier to keep organized. When unladen and not under dispatch, I drive where I want OFF DUTY no different than when I was on paper. I run the same speeds as I have for tens of years on paper. And when I shut the truck off, I do not have to keep track of a bunch of paper. Just hit a button, hop out, and enjoy my time at home. You just have such a paranoia streak about the elogs that you think by childish attempts to belittle folks who have no problem with them will cause them to be intimidated. That is all the best you can come up with? No wonder a psychiatrist could have a field day and do their doctorate dissertation on the paranoia that is in evidence in the trucking community. Or maybe it is just erectile disfunction.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    falcon71 Thanks this.
  4. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Yep, spell check missed that one. I never stated I was infallible. I only was making an observation about the failure of the education system in general. And the original post, I was trying to give landstar an out, which he didn't take, and you failed to recognize also. More' the pity.

5. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    Maybe it is that you have to have a certain amount of smarts and a willingness to learn to be able to pack up and leave your home country and move to the US. Therefore, when you talk to a Russian driver working in Chicago he is smarter than the average Russian from Russia. Maybe all Russians are just as dumb as all Americans, it's just the ones you come into contact with are smarter than the average bear.

6. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
  7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.