Driver Shortage?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by buzzarddriver, Aug 2, 2021.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Guys. The shortage is over.

I’m off my 34 and coming back in.

For the love of god, a guy can’t take a 34 without the world going to crap and screaming driver shortage.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Ain’t this the truth.

pay isn’t everything, autoworkers are overpaid and look at that industry, crap junk coming out of many factories.

mental toughness?

that’s part of the problem with everything from the military to trucking, we don’t have people who have seen any issues that other generations have seen. Our country in the past 50 years hasn’t had disasters to deal with like my grandparents and parents had to deal with in their lives. So mental fortitude is gone.

I hired a driver a few months back, he worked at a complex job in the aircraft industry for 25 years and wanted a change. He said trucking is so easy that he was getting very bored with the company he was working for, so he wanted challenges and came to my company, and loving it because he doesn’t have to be a robot but has to think about the work now to make money.

bryan21384, TripleSix and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Nothing is difficult when you have been to Hell and back. Takes a whole lot of courage and willpower to battle demons that prey on your weaknesses. You try to stand and it seems as if everyone around you suddenly becomes dead weight. Standing with everyone trying to pull you down is difficult, but you have to climb out of Hell.

Yep. Trucking is definitely not that difficult.

Dale thompson and bryan21384 Thank this.
  5. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    Truck driving is the easiest job I ever had.

'88K100 Thanks this.
  6. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Ya cuz we too lazy to get a real job. 4 on 3 off, home daily. Beats working in office

7. FFL Trucker

FFL Trucker Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    I'm sure they can't, the guy that was training me was one of them guys. The reason why I can is because I turn down any job that offers me low pay, instead of getting stuck in the paycheck to paycheck trap.

Personally I don't care about time off or working nights, I've stayed working in a sleeper truck for 6 months straight before just because the money was good. That's basically my life philosophy, get it while the going is good because there'll be times of famine and that's usually when I take my time off or when DOT decides they want to blitz.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  8. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    It can be difficult finding a driver, but finding a good driver is even harder, I think it is definitely a drivers market right now. Those mega companies crying driver shortage, well, maybe they just have too many trucks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.