driver solution... July 20, 2009

Discussion in 'PAM' started by kkburr73, Jul 14, 2009.

1. cowwboy

cowwboy Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2009
    nashville,tn
    also how is the freight with PAM. is it picking up at all?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kkburr73

kkburr73 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Ok its day 2 now. Things are going good. first couple of days are alot of paper work And going over the things you need to know for your cdl permit. I recomend going through the e-gears as it helped me alot. Passing all my practice tests with 94% or higher. As far as the hotel goes. depending on the room you get depends on the condition of the room. I have one of the nice ones here at the hallmark. room 114... Just a warning, the first night here a group of us got a lil out of hand. Not in trouble or anything but we were drinking some beers and I guess during school there is no drinking aloud. But it was fun for the first night. The guys in my class are all a good bunch of guys. The phisical part of it was the hardest for me as I have high blood pressure. If you cant get it down you will be sent home. has to be under 140/99. I was able to get mine down so good for me.

Tomorow is the actual cdl permit test. and monday we are out in the trucks. so for now im gonna just chillax for a bit.

kkburr73

4. justin30

justin30 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2009
    nashville,tn
    cowwboy r u going to drive for pam?

5. cowwboy

cowwboy Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2009
    nashville,tn
    right now thats who im supposed to be with.

6. justin30

justin30 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2009
    nashville,tn
    so...drivers solution finds u a co & the co trains u? or are u going to a school in nashville?

7. Vitointn

Vitointn Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    :biggrin_25510: Well another day of unable to final confirm - so it looks as if I WON'T be starting at C-1 in Little Rock on the 27th.

My DA said PAM hasn't provided anymore slots for this upcoming class - just like last week.

Another callback tomorrow, and if nothing firm I will stick with nursing rather than make the career change - though I may still go ahead and get my permit and just do the occasional ride along if my brother gets close enough this way.

Just frustrating at this point.

8. cowwboy

cowwboy Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2009
    nashville,tn
    justin30 drivers solutions will eaither place you with PAM of USA truck. mostly depends on your driving record.

9. kkburr73

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Hey guys. Sry I havent been posting but weve had some internet issues here at the hotel. Its friday and its the last day of classroom. Over all...... not to bad. Ivan the instructor is a great guy. Little slow with reading. Kinda puts you to sleep but really ur trying to take in so much info that it works out to be pretty good. John Is the director. He is great. Any problems go to him and he is quick to take care of anything. He will also come into the classroom and talk about a few things. He has alot of energy and gets you pumped up. For the guys that struggle with things in class.. The school is great and there there to make sure you pass. Monday. we are on the road. cant wait...

10. kkburr73

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    JUSTIN30... If you go through driver solution, you will have a job lined up before you even start. USA and PAM arent the only ones they work with. There are more.

11. charmedgirl

charmedgirl Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2009
    seymour tn
    I am thinking about going through the driver solutions course too because i have a lack of funds right now. can anyone tell me if its worth it to go through them and of the two companies im leaning toward p.a.m. but I read on here that they go with other companies too which ones and is that only for people that can pay for thier school? thanks everyone!!:biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.