Driver Solution Type Hiring in Canada???

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Want2BTrucking, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Want2BTrucking

Want2BTrucking Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Hello everyone, I want to become a trucker in Canada, I live in southern Ontario, currently Unemployed but not on employment insurance so the government isnt handing out training initiatives for me. I keep seeing a ton of job advertisements in the US that claim to offer truck driving training with zero down and then place them for respecting companies. I am looking for something like this in southern Ontario, Is there anything like this in Canada? If so, that would make my life a billion times easier as I wouldnt have to worry about saving up money, I can just get started. Thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Onetrack

Onetrack Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Red Deer, AB
    MTI (Mountain Training Institute) in Castlegar BC does this, if you have RRSP's you could apply them towards a class as well, use them under the lifelong learning program.

4. itsneversafe

itsneversafe Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Victoria BC
    In Canada it is much harder to sell your soul to a company in return for a future career.
    Try getting into a moving company as a swamper and upgrading to driving

5. laci73

laci73 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Mission, BC
    Maybe you should go to TTCC.CA and find a location that is closet to you. They do in-house financing, and rates are good.

MTI Castelgar is probably most expensive driving school in BC. As a new rookie driver in BC you have no chance to find a job, unless you are so lucky to wear turban. Every company requires 2 years experience and mountain driving. Try to look for jobs in Alberta, or prerries.

6. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    That's not a turban, that's their Grandmother's old drapes that they wear.:biggrin_25523:

7. Want2BTrucking

Dec 7, 2011
    I live in southern Ontario though, seems like newbs can get jobs here, I duno, Im just really short on finances.

8. laci73

laci73 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Mission, BC
    That why I told you go with TTCC.CA.Transport training Centres of Canada).They have driving schools over all Ontario and do in-house financing. They had a school in BC too, but they had some troubles so they close door. I found them driving across the country, looks like is a good school on the east. They do heavy equipment too. All I have paid for my class 1 was about $3600 a year ago. I decided to use my visa for it, paid later. It took about 4 weeks to have a class 1 license.

9. Want2BTrucking

Dec 7, 2011
    Hey thanks alot. I found the program would cost a little under $8000 and I will be filling out the financial assistance report and we'll see how she goes. Really, thanks a bunch!!!

10. bobbyt

bobbyt Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    just a question, why would you go in debt $8000.00 to get your license when there are companies that will pay YOU to get that license?

11. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    who in canada pays you to get your license?
    lots would rather import drivers from all over the world so they can hold them hostage for 2 years

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.