Driver Solutions is it worth it

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Storm Cyclone, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Storm Cyclone

Storm Cyclone Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2022
    Driver Solutions has a partnership with Pam Transport to help students get their CDL through a school no tuition unless they become drivers for PAM transport.

I heard that PAM is one of the worse of the mainstream carriers. Is it worth it, has anybody done the process through Driver Solutions.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    If Drivers Solition is your only option than take it. I would encourage you to look at a private trucking school. Most states have a program called WIA. They will pay for your CDL training and liscense. The schools should be able to assist you if getting set up with it, or ypu should be able to contact your un-employment office. Look into that before you go with driving solutions. Once you complete a private school training you can sign on with any company that will hire you. Good luck in your search.

4. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    The only worse way to get a CDL is going through CR England. This is a very close second, as PAM will have you under contract and will force team you with another rookie for 40,000 miles or so.

tscottme and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  5. phiobi

phiobi Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2024
    No Pam will destroy your career stay far away. and Driver Solutions is a scam they will sign you up saying it is a 6-month contract and not tell you that with Pam it's a 1-year contract. every person I went to pam with in school 40 people not one person made it 6 months. they actively try to get you to quit and if you get closer to ending the contract they will find a reason to fire you so you have to pay them. more than half of their trucks never move because they make money from scamming rookies into signing a contract letting them drive a few months and then firing them. and after talking to a lot of ex-drivers of Pam they lie on your DAC report whether you quit or get fired they will label you as terminated on your DAC and place safety as the reason they did it to me and the majority of people I started with the ones I could contact. Avoid this company at all costs 80% of drivers that go to Pam lose money and careers. the reviews are 100% true there is a reason they have been sued so many times

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.