driver solutions

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by linadin, Aug 5, 2008.

1. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    anytime. they have a terminal in dayton,OH (vandalia)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SAVANA'S-DAD

SAVANA'S-DAD Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2008
    oliver springs, tn
    i am scheduled to go to newport, AR (ASU campus) on monday the 20th with DS. I do think my ducks are all lined up and I know my DMV record is clean, all these post really add to the anxiety level about jumping into this. I really want to drive a truck and am really exited about the chance to learn at DS but man really nervous also. I did get a pre-hire from PAM, I hope that is worth more than the phone call it took to hear the news. If anyone wants to relieve some stress from a newbie sure would appreciate the encouragement. thanks

4. SAVANA'S-DAD

SAVANA'S-DAD Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2008
    oliver springs, tn
    hey pat i see you are in the panhandle in fl, i have alot of family in baldwin county al. love to visit them and drive to your neck of the woods. use to really like going to "joe patty's" for some good ol' seafood.

5. Sunchild25

Sunchild25 Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2008
    The Buckeye State
    I look forward to working for them. Hopefully they will be one of my choices. I really am hoping to get into school this time of year. I think getting some experience during the winter from the start would be best.

6. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    ASU NEWPORT is the school i went to. it is a VERY GOOD SCHOOL.
    GREAT INSTRUCTORS, GOOD PRACTICE COURSE AND LOTS OF WHEEL TIME!!!!

7. intrestred

intrestred Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Pageland, SC
    First let me thank yall for this Msg board i have been reading it non stop for the past 3 days.

I spoke to several companies Werner being one of the first (thanks for the heads up)

the recuriter I spoke to this morning at Driver solutions has me scheduled for class 2/2/09 in Ft Worth texas can anyone that has been thru this please give me any information as what to expect, what to bring, not bring etc

Thank You in advance
    Rick

8. lifesaver

lifesaver Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Dandridge,TN
    Hey Drivers can anyone provide some insight into DS in Indy.Room and board,food,pay during training etc.I am contemplating going with USA Truck,probably in a month or so.Thanks

9. Sixwheeler

Sixwheeler Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2009
    First off-I believe you will have to change your Driver's License to an Indiana Driver's License,and then when you get your Class A CDL,you will have to change it back to Tennessee.I don't think they pay for this.Second off-MAKE SURE that they(USA TRUCK)have fully completed your background check.You don't want to get part way through your training and find out they have something in your past that will keep you from being hired.Remember-USA TRUCK,C-1 Training Center,and Driver Solutions are three separate companies,if one of them says no at the last minute,you may be removed from the program.Third off-READ YOUR CONTRACT CAREFULLY.Do not skip over the fine print.If you are unsure,call a lawyer.And finally,make sure you take enough money for expenses.Yes,I think they train you with no up front costs,but better to have some money available in case something goes wrong.I wouldn't take a large sum of cash money.Have a card-accessed account.I wish you the best of luck.

10. ickeyiskewl

ickeyiskewl Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Clyde Ohio
    good advice i know they do with hold the 2nd week check if you dont make it through the 2nd week . anyhow yea food money and if u smoke plan on being bummed on alot i was. take your own food too most got a fridge and microwave nuked alot of food to be cheap. i went when i was poor as dirt still am for that matter. also once u get to USA make sure you get a decent trainer ..mine wasa jack ### and didnt teach me much ....no i am not being donw on them this is my experience is all. i got several friends driving there ...i just wasnt able to to test out and pass there bs ...i could drive i just was having a bad day of bad days i know that. good luck man

11. Keone

Keone Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Atlanta, Ga
    I graduated from C-1 Indy a couple of months ago. All the above advice has been very good. You will have to change your license to Indy, and pay again when you go back to your home state. I was happy with the instructors there. You will see most of the students you start with get washed out by the end because of drugs, background check, stupidity like beer in the hotel room etc. While the Budget Inn where you will stay isn't the Ritz Carlton, at least it's better than the C1 guys in Arkansas get. I heard they sleep in an old barracks (all in one room on metal bunks) and don't even get a blanket. It's clean and safe. There is a Wal-Mart on Emerson one street over from the School. Go there and buy food that you can nuke in the room. You will save a bundle that way. The pay is only a hundred a week so bring money if you need more. Find a study buddy for your tests and pre-trip. <-- This was a big help to me. STUDY. Your first week guy Kevin is awesome and I thought Chris was a great trainer for the street and backing course. Kind of a rambling post, but I got one last thing. Kind of a combo rant/advice. For whatever reason, Indy's CDL test will require you to offside back and parallel park the T/T combo (which you will never do unless you just have no choice while on the road). They do not teach or test you on the 90 degree (sight side) back which you will do EVERY DAY on the road. Huh? I never understood that one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.