Drivers License at Shipper/Receiver

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Burned, Nov 29, 2006.

1. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc

Unless its something they have started doing again, NIT in Norfolk is a No TWIC, No Entry port

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    What can you do with a drivers license number anyway? It's not like stealing your credit card or bank account number.

4. sdlm

sdlm Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Agreed, unless some states still use the SSN as the dl number still, but I don't think any still do.

5. Crash935

Crash935 Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Wyoming Mi
    How about you send me your DL# and just your first and last name? I know what city and state your from so finding your birth date shouldnt be to hard. Then ill have a DL made up and see if i cant run up a few speeding tickets and maybe a dui in your name. Bet you will be really surprised when a LEO asks why your driving on a suspended license from a DUI, that your going to be arrested and your truck impounded while your 1200 miles from home.

6. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
  7. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    So unless you have my raised seal birth certificate social security card or passport I'm not to worried about getting arrested and vehicle impounded.

8. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    run chicken little run the sky is falling

9. Crash935

Crash935 Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Wyoming Mi
    You guys dont get it. Your DL is your lively hood and if someone is going to be getting your DL# and name from a shipper they wont be going to the DMV to get a license. They will be either selling the info to make or be making fake DL's to be sold to people who cant get one because they cant get one, are illegal immigrants or are planning on using it for other illegal activities. We have no idea what these companies do with the "sign in" sheets and who sees them.

And if you've never sat on the side of the road 2 days from home and had a LEO ask you why you are driving on a Suspended/restricted license for a DUI and that hes going to arrest you and impound the truck. You about crap your pants first and then you get pissed because you know theres nothing on your record but you cant prove it. Luckily, the LEO i dealt with was willing to make some calls to verify that what was on his computer screen wasnt mine and that there had been a technical glitch.

10. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ

too many what ifs in that scenario. i would assume a cop who pulled someone over for a DUI or what ever else would be able to spot a fake ID. I only worry about credit card fraud and bank fraud I was a victim to that once. But it worked itself out real easy.

11. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    some what related......

I refused to sign a release yesterday for insurance. The nurse was shocked I had to balls to refuse. Told her I didn't serve 20 years in the military so that every time someone insisted on having access to my personal information can simply receive it any time they want it.

There is a point in your life you just tell people, "No, you have/are stepping out of line".

A receiver asking for a copy of my license is one such instance. Yes, I KNOW there is a law that says they have to maintain the chain of custody for food and such. That chain of custody is my carrier, NOT simply the driver. The carrier is good enough. They will be able to tell you the person if it comes to that actual level.

I have had two shippers and a receiver look at me like I am crazy when they explain they have to maintain that chain and I tell them that for myself to maintain that same law, I will then need THEIR license as well as the person on the dock who will be unloading me, THEIR license.

Subject gets dropped REALLY quickly at that point.

For me, I don't give a rat about theft or whatever. It's about the stepping over the line as far as I am concerned.

Yes, this #### came about as a result of 9/11. Guess what, you stating that's it's simply ok to hand over your license is proof to me that the terrorist HAVE WON their battle. The purpose of terrorism is to get YOU to live in fear so that you find it acceptable to give up your rights a little bit at a time.

And THAT is exactly what you are doing. Giving up your rights.

And if you really are a vet as your avatar shows winkjr, you'd KNOW that and it would piss you off as much as it does me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.