Drivers license number required

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Bonzo, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Bonzo

Bonzo Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Covina, Ca.
    I made a delivery today and the company wanted my driver's license number to enter the yard, is this a normal thing?

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
  4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Not anymore... I'd make one up.....

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's what I do; change a few numbers. I also sign my name, "Alfred E. Newman."

Some places photocopy your cdl and some hold it until your bills are signed.

6. U.S. Otriad

U.S. Otriad Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2017
    Yup, can be.

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    While it can be, I refuse to give when asked. Seems they care more about the freight I have then letting their minimum wage rent a cop steal my identity. They have my truck number, they have my company ID, they can find me... There is no need for them to have my dl.
    Now, of course, this is assuming your standard delivery location, not a high security place like a base or port.

8. Juanmgarza26

Juanmgarza26 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2017
    I work as a security for a company. I'm getting my cdl though. But the company I do private Security for, they want all drivers name and license number. I've asked before why, and they explain to me that one of the companies here has government contracts. And border security issues, they have to comply with CTPAT. Just my .02
    When a driver refuses, a company manager will tell the driver to back out, and I've seen them wait for hours before they comply. One time, they had a driver unhook his trailer outside and the yard jockey drove outside and took the trailer inside. The driver stayed outside.

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    9-11, terror threats, terror actions, food safety and supply protection... why is this (wanting to maintain a chain of custody) so hard to understand in this world we now live in? Just be glad we don't ALL have to maintain a TWIC card or similar.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    Sometimes give a fake one, sometimes the real one. Sometimes they just want to see it. Depends on how we are feeling.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.