Drivers pay

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Ken Ro, Dec 7, 2019.

1. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    When have I looked to solicited jobs??

Can I get them turned back on?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I think he meant the guy looking for drivers has been turned off. Mr kenro. Not yours.

4. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Are the trucks fast enough I wouldn't want to make 110k unless the trucks going over 75

5. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    It's both.

I'll contact you privately.

REO6205 Thanks this.
  6. Ken Ro

Ken Ro Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2019
    No, they get regular checks, workers compensation, and unemployment. And my equipment is in very good mechanical condition, we aren't allowed leaks, and they do safety lanes on them monthly. Equipment isn't new, I have Macks, 3-2013s, a 2012, and a 2015. I fix anything they need. Most have less than 300000 miles, and interiors are very good. The trucks aren't the problem. Now my new driver tweaked his back yesterday and he can't work. He's missed 20 percent of his loads in the month and a half he's been here. He's probably going to try to file comp on me, I told him get me a doctor's slip before he can come back. I'm ready to fire him.

7. Ken Ro

Ken Ro Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I don't know how to do it either. My email is (has been removed)
    my name is Ken

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2019
    Reason for edit: circumventing the PM block
  8. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Just another example of keeping scum backfiring on you. Let me tell you what’s happening my man. They are being paid a percentage and it’s by and large human nature to only work as much as you need to in order to get by. They are feeling like they own the company and work when they need the money. You would actually get more productivity by paying them less. They don’t give two ####s about your success and are selfish pricks. Get different people and change your operation ASAP.

My posts on this stuff are never popular but I don’t care because what I say is the truth!

9. roadtech

roadtech Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Northeast
    I disagree on the guarantee. I have seen that backfire more than percentage. Paying a good percentage will make a “good , hard working driver “hustle more. Your problem is the same problem all over , it’s very hard to find good hard working drivers. I’m not sure about your area but has the cost of living spiked through the roof because of the oil boom and 110k a year is just average because of the high cost of living and you are only attracting the guys who bounce from job to job because they suck. I seen that happen in Pennsylvania about ten years ago when the natural gas price was high and fracking went crazy and people were jumping in like a gold rush. A friend of mine had 8 trucks and his guys were making $3000 a week @ 30% and the cost of living in the area went sky high . Everyone wanted a piece of that fracking money . A house you could rent for $900 a month , now they wanted $2500-$3000 . Eventually the price of natural gas fell hard and so did the fracking boom in Pennsylvania and a lot of people got out of it . They’re still drilling but only a fraction of what they were and the pay is only a fraction of what it was.
    That could be your problem , a tight labor market and very high wages in a boom area .
    You’ll eventually find the right drivers. It sucks having to weed through the bad , entitled ones
    First , but don’t offer a guarantee , you’ll see they’ll find all kinds of reasons they couldn’t make this load or that one and still want to get paid. I think high percentage , decent equipment, and a friendly work culture ( decent boss) will eventually attract the right people.

FlaSwampRat and dwells40 Thank this.
  10. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    What he is saying, treat then like the mega"s do. LMFAO
    You will sleep fine at night, he does.

11. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    That’s not true but think what you want. My guys start at 70k/yr guarantee plus paid holidays and paid vacation after just 3 months. Plus they get home every weekend as another guarantee. I could go on but none of that matters to you.

dwells40, adayrider and Long FLD Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.