Drivers Please Read

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Melton Truck Lines, Aug 30, 2006.

1. SouthsideTRKman

SouthsideTRKman Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
    They have some T-660's with Automatics (not auto shift) and some with 10 Speed Manuals. The T-600's/FL Century all have 13 Speed Manuals. I have an 09 Cascadia, it is an Automatic. I am currently pulling a 53' Trailer....they have 100 of them, mainly for AAON and Carrier loads but if you pull one from AAOn, you will have it for a while.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chillfaktor

chillfaktor Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Six Mile,S.Carolina
    It's good to hear a driver with a positive attitude just "gettin er done". Melton has always had a decent reputation in this industry. And most often; it takes a positive,and motivated driver to actually see THE BEST A COMPANY HAS TO OFFER. With over 20 yrs behind the wheel,I've learned that mopst trucking jobs are what you make of them. Take care and HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU.

4. Roscopeco

Roscopeco Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Mcloud,OK.
    Teir orientation now hank you snofox for positive info,starting to get worried with all the negatives there on Melton, heading to thave gotteneir orientation now and looking to actually do some physical work,have gotten so outta shape pulling vans used to commercial fish was like a 12 hr workout,feel like a glob of jello here lol.

5. Roscopeco

Roscopeco Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Mcloud,OK.
    I've been with Melton since Feb' /11 and it's been good so far. keep me running,good FM,good equipment. Of all the drivers I've talked with all were satisfied except one. A few said they would'nt even think of going anywhere else. Get me home on time,except couple times no big deal.Very proffessional,office personnel can come on a little to strong though if things are'nt going right,oh well.

6. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Yea, but some companies get lost in their own mix because of everything that goes on everyday. I've seen people get charged for abanding a truck which they in fact did drop at the main terminal. Not Melton in particular. Some companies do stoop that low. Getting it in writting is a good idea though. CYA.

7. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.

From what I've gathered hearing here, there, over, under and through. Brokers are the cut throats of O/O's and L/P's drivers so coming here claiming to be a broker won't exactly land you on everyone's "A" list. If your a broker and doing so well and want him home when he needs to be with 20 years experiance then why doesn't he own his own truck and you broker those loads for him instead of putting words in his mouth. Sounds like every trucker wife I hear that comes here has the same ol' story and ##### about a company rather than the driver themselves coming here and ########. Barking at a multi million dollar corperation in any way other than in a polite mannor will get you treated like dirt. Treat others as you wish to be treated. You get what you give. Hell, as an independant, I would talk to you the same way you "say" they talked to you just by your attitude. Ever thought about prozac? Impractical ranting.

8. UGA79

UGA79 Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Warner Robins, GA
    You are definitely NOT a professional. You posted in all caps multiple times. You get onto other people for spelling something incorrectly but YOUR sentences are not typed in the correct context. How many ...'s do you need? How many ,'s do you need? Ever hear of a complete sentence? You should try looking at yourself before 'politely' bashing others. I agree with whoever called you a nagging housewife. I also don't think you were very polite when you spoke to the company. You only get treated as well as you treat someone else. If this forum and your messages are anything to go by then you obviously don't treat people very well. You talk a lot about having this great job and how professional you are but you don't carry that professionalism with you outside of your work. Unless of course this is how you treat people you work with? If that's the case then I'm amazed you still have a job! There are 3 sides to every story. His side, the companies side, and the truth. You are not your husband and therefore do not figure into the equation. :)

FYI - Companies can not always accomodate 3,000 miles per week. If you get 2,000 then you'd better be happy with that! Plenty of drivers are averaging 1,000 with other companies and would be more than happy to take your husbands place at Melton. So, since he quit he's opened up a position for someone that can appreciate what he or she is given in this lackluster economy.

Noggin Thanks this.
  9. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
  10. UGA79

UGA79 Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Warner Robins, GA
    I was just reading through the posts about Melton and couldn't stand the way this woman had acted. I don't care if it's an old post or not. That's uncalled for and beyond rude IMO.

11. madmeeks

madmeeks Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2012
    grantsboro nc
    been driving log truck for 16 years just wondering what my chances would be getting hired by melton

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.