Drivers please stay away from " SELECT ONE INC"

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by DRIVING4$$, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Whyte Trashe

Whyte Trashe Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Charlotte, N.C
    Yeah, me too.
    I’m referring to the big megas here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Whyte Trashe

Whyte Trashe Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Charlotte, N.C
    Great logic.
    Why read and/or respond to anything at all on this forum? Why even bother?

That does it; no more responses to this entire trucker’s forum; everybody just delete the entire thing from their computers right now... and don’t never come back neither, ya’ hear? Everybody.

And who really needs to read those ridiculous Truckers Forum affiliated trucking company advertisements for drivers? After all, the Truckers Forum owners really don’t need that paid advertising income anymore either.

4. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Are you looking to get banned today or just sometime down the road?

Additionally, I don't see any ads. Yes, I know we have a "paid advertisement" side of the website but that side is not controlled by forum moderators. I've only been on that side of the website exactly twice. I don't see paid ads on this side at all.

deathB4decaf, Lonesome and REO6205 Thank this.
  5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Very dramatic post. Thank-you for helping me prove my point.

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  6. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    I started with the mega for 2 and a half years
    If I would have went with the lease purchase I would never have got off otr and I probably would have been forced out when I got to 4oo pounds
    Just got another 2 year card at 150 pounds

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  7. bubbatrucker1970

bubbatrucker1970 Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2019
    2 things everyone has to remember on this forum...
    1) not everyone has been in trucking for years, there are new drivers all the time just getting into trucking.
    2) if everyone would stay away from a company because someone else had a bad time there how many trucks would actually be going down the road when everyone is staying away from every company someone has a bad experience with

Drivers say do your homework, well problem with that research is you can find 50 drivers who hate a company and 50 who like it.

Finding a company that suits everything you want or need is next to impossible. You take what is most important to you, ( hometime, running lanes, etc ) and you find through the good and bad threads who can give it to you.

Some guys may have a bad experience with company , and say the hometime is good and the guys who like it may say the same thing, then you know the hometime isn't bad then, you go to the next thing on your list you want or need.

I been on this forum for many years, somehow my login information left the system since I logged in last a few months ago so I have to start over again. But my advice to the new drivers is search both good and bad posts and try to find a medium. You may have to salvage one thing you want to get another.

If a company was perfect there would be 3 million drivers working there already. Remember that.

One drivers nightmare of a company may be another's dream company.

I read alot about Schneider being so bad, but I went anyway cause of the choice board, I loved it there. I left due to illness of mother in law who eventually passed away 2 weeks ago, and since I didn't pay the few thousand dollars for breaking that lease i can't go back. I'd do it all over again if I could. But it was worth it walking away from Schneider so I had more time with her before she left this life. Others post how they hate Schneider.

Trucking is like a lottery ticket. You take your chances. I been taking chances for 23 years...

Sorry this was so long but it needed to be reminded to some drivers...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  8. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    Awsome post!
    I'm also a company driver. As of the first of November I've hit 100k
    i drive a day cab and sleep in hotels when i'm not home. I'm home every other night.
    my pick up is paid off
    I wish i could pay off my mortgage but not yet.
    I do have money in the bank and my only debt is my mortgage.
    im sitting on my couch taking a paid day off.
    next year I"ll have 3 weeks vacation and 5 personal days paid off. this year 2 weeks and 5
    I cant retire but im setting myself up to do that in the future.
    I have no plans on leasing some truck and living in it.

Mnmover99 and BIF MALIBU Thank this.
  9. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Did you contact anyone on the staff about your log in issues? I'm sure the problem could have been solved without you creating a new username and loosing all of your "thanks". Frankly, we can probably still accomplish that.

I recommend using the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of any page and explain your issue.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  10. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Seems like a few “ol skool” members are have issues as of late.
    (Y2K bug came late??):dontknow:

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.